PDA

View Full Version : early Mac attack

twin22s
04-08-2008, 05:27 PM
was at san clemente pier sunday night. as soon as the sun went down the bait fish started an awsome light show with the luminesent water. something was chasing them up. threw in a fly-line piece of bait, and zip, line runs off to the left..? Mac were all over the place! news to san clemente. the entire ocean as far as you could see was covered with scattered blue rings of fleeing bait fish. i kept a bag full and went back the next night to get some more shark bait, but... they disappeared as fast as they appeared... sad. oh well they will be back again. i saw 2 decent shovel nose and one 4 1/2' leo caught too. on live queen fish.

ps. i know all the other piers are already catching mac. but i live in SC and don't have a car right now, so im excited about the mac swinging around to my side of the sea.

sansou
04-08-2008, 06:54 PM
Good report!

Nice job on the macs....always fun to catch on trout gear especially.

Sunday night????

If you heard music and laughing, we were the party right above the pier (just a bit up the hill) at a place called "Casa Romantica". Earlier, around 5 or so that afternoon, I was on the phone with an FNNer giving a live account of birds working bait about 1/8th mile offshore. Sure enough, we were able to make out what undeniably had to be fish boils. I had a perfect unfettered view....it was frustrating being stuck at a party watching this.

You ever paddle out to the rocks just south of the pier and fish the area? I've never done it, but it seems extra super fishy.

crappiemike
04-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Make Sure You Let Them Swallow Before You Set The Hook! Cool Report...