PDA

View Full Version : Oahu Bonefishing..............

Liteliner
04-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Im gonna be in oahu for seven days in june. The wife has permitted me to have one day of fishing out of the seven days. Life is good...... Anyways, I was wondering if any of you know any good guides for some bonefishing. I hear the bones there are pretty big. I looked at a couple well known guides and read some pretty negative comments on them so I was wondering if there were any guides I havent looked into yet. Google search only came up with three different guides. Any suggestions would be great. Im also planning on taking a telescope rod with a cabo pt just in case I cant get a guide. So if you know a hot spot I would be glad to fish it for ya. Or if you know anything about lake wilson that would be great to. Thanks in advance.

sashimi
04-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Good luck in your search. I have fished in Kuai and just a couple of weeks ago in Kona. I have found that the charters in "Hawaii" tend to have a "local" ego or attitude about them.

RL-IN-OC
04-08-2008, 06:57 AM
If you are staying at a resort that has an activity desk, check with them. They know most of the local fishing guides and charters. I have found some of my best fishing trips this way. The Activity person, usually tries real hard to make sure you have a good time during your stay. Have them help you find a guide or charter that lets you keep some fish also. I have not had great luck with the big advertisers on the net. Lots of great fishing on Oahu. Good luck !

~larissa
04-08-2008, 08:42 AM
The best place to fish is on the North Shore, less tourists and less bull****. If you like, I can call my peoples and ask them to hook you up. I'll send you a PM as soon as I hear word from them. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Beware, stay away from Wai'ki'ki when fishing. Not only will you pay a handsome fee to fish, but people there are jerks.

Liteliner
04-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the info guys and lady. If you could hook me up that would be great larissa. Are you from there?

~larissa
04-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the info guys and lady. If you could hook me up that would be great larissa. Are you from there?

no i'm originally from california, born and raised. i have alot of family there though. just got an email and he said let him know and he'll show u all the spots. he'll even take u to the westside of the island, Kapolei, so you can get on a boat with them.

oh and the girls will take the wifey shopping to occupy her time so you can enjoy with no complaints.