PDA

View Full Version : Crowley - Not A Report

BakoBassin
04-07-2008, 12:30 PM
I believe I'll be going here the beginning of May. Looking to stay away from the shore fodder and take my kickboat.

What's the what with this place?

Just spin fishing, no fly.

fisherkid47
04-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Fly fishing is actually really good there, You just got to know what the hatch is and how to fish it.

Marley
04-07-2008, 08:13 PM
If I were taking my tube to Crowley in the early season, I would do two things: first would be to fish half a nightcrawler (I prefer the fat half), threaded onto a single size 10 Owner Mosquito hook. Pin a 1/8 ounce egg sinker 16 inches up the line using a size BB split shot. Put a bubble of air into the worm to make it float. If you smoke, use a scent mask. The bast I've found is Pro-Cure garlic oil. I no longer smoke, but got used to it when I did.
Hang that rod in a rod holder, drop the bait to the bottom and rell it about 6 inches up, just enough to not drag. Slowly kick, which will slow-troll teh worm in the feeding zone of a lot of hungry trout.
For the second rod, I would use the same size 10 hook, but without the egg sinker. Toss and jig a red Power Worm, or hang a nightcrawler under a bobber.
Something I've been futsing with is a blown up mealworm. HAVE to use something with a tiny needle, and not all jumbo mealies will float. But when you get one that does, still-fish it with just a split shot. Deadly.
Oh, have a great time and let us know how you did!