PDA

View Full Version : Relearning to fish

Airn33
04-05-2008, 04:43 PM
I just started getting back into fishing again since I was about 14(now am 25) and went to 19th st. NPH off the dock from about 10:30 to 12:15 with no luck but a a few nibbles. I used a 3" silver choy swimbait. Skunked but very relaxing after a 24 hour shift on the ambulance. I will be looking for better docks to cast off of. This one seemed very shallow, maybe low tide. Anyways this is my first post and hopefully i will leave some better ones in the near future.
-AS

sansou
04-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Congrats on re-learning fishing and welcome to the boards!

flyngby
04-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Welcome back to a pastime and to the boards.

My first exposure to NPH was at 19th st. on the 13th of this month 1 year ago. Caught over 20 species at that location in a matter of about 6 weeks and about 20-30 fish per day. Have caught up to 30 lb. Batrays, several legal Butts, 53 inch Smoothhound shark and many more at that location. Don't let 2 hrs at the spot get you down.

I have plenty of time on the docks in the past year and have not been sucessful on any artificial baits until I took my boat out there and suffered many slower days than when I fish the docks using a variety of dead baits.

Don't let you experience discourage you from visiting the harbor and its many species and fishing opportunities. Trust me!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Wingnut
04-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Welcome back to a pastime and to the boards.

My first exposure to NPH was at 19th st. on the 13th of this month 1 year ago. Caught over 20 species at that location in a matter of about 6 weeks and about 20-30 fish per day. Have caught up to 30 lb. Batrays, several legal Butts, 53 inch Smoothhound shark and many more at that location. Don't let 2 hrs at the spot get you down.

I have plenty of time on the docks in the past year and have not been sucessful on any artificial baits until I took my boat out there and suffered many slower days than when I fish the docks using a variety of dead baits.

Don't let you experience discourage you from visiting the harbor and its many species and fishing opportunities. Trust me!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Take it from Steve, he knows the area well and fishes it often. Give it a few tries and it will produce for ya. Welcome back to the game. ;) :mrgreen:

TShaffer
04-05-2008, 09:30 PM
welcome to the boards and welcome back to fishing