PDA

View Full Version : Point Loma any good?

skimstr
04-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Doing a half day with point loma sport fishing next friday. Are they any good? Any tips would be much appreciated....thanks! Also...what are the rules and where can one go to catch lobsters in san diego?

flopps1
04-05-2008, 05:14 PM
Fish out of Point Loma all the time. Always get great service and good memories.

sansou
04-05-2008, 05:16 PM
You can go many places to catch lobster in San Diego, unfortunately the season is over.

Have fun on the 1/2 dayer.

deanhall32
04-05-2008, 06:17 PM
Fishing is slow out of Point Loma right now. The Premier is the boat out of one of the 3 landings in the area. Point Loma, H&M, and Fishermans Landing are all located together with a common parking lot. You will be either fishing the Point Loma kelp beds or south along Imperial Beach. Water is really cold now so bottom fishing will probably be the rule. Have fun and good luck.

skimstr
04-05-2008, 06:54 PM
You can go many places to catch lobster in San Diego, unfortunately the season is over.

Have fun on the 1/2 dayer.

I dont have a boat so could you name a few spots where i would be able to drop a pot? Obvioulsy I won't be doing this until this october but better to start researching now :)

sansou
04-05-2008, 08:28 PM
When the season returns, and you have your report card, the first place I would go is OB pier. I see guys do this off the jetty too, but they have somewhat specially rigged rope lines & weights so they avoid snagging.

Basically any of the public piers will produce a lobster. I guarantee it. I've never seen anyone hoop Crystal pier though, perhaps the owners don't allow it or the bottom is too sandy.

skimstr
04-05-2008, 08:41 PM
When the season returns, and you have your report card, the first place I would go is OB pier. I see guys do this off the jetty too, but they have somewhat specially rigged rope lines & weights so they avoid snagging.

Basically any of the public piers will produce a lobster. I guarantee it. I've never seen anyone hoop Crystal pier though, perhaps the owners don't allow it or the bottom is too sandy.

sounds good thanks for the quick reply. what size lobster can be taken from the pier? any good size?