PDA

View Full Version : Mirage 4/3

plumbertom
04-04-2008, 12:38 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got to the landing on Wed. night 9PM got signed in and as soon as the boat left the harbor downed a couple of Buds for a night cap and hit the rack.
first part of the ride out was flat but about halfway it got a little bumpy.
Got up just before sunrise on the south side of Santa Rosa Island and the boat was heading south. Had a breakfast of bacon eggs and fried potatoes.
We made a stop in about 300 ft of water and dropped to the bottom with live macs. Right away the bite was on and after a little bit of cranking my ling hit the deck. No monster but a respectable fish. Then I looked around and saw some of the lings that were being caught and knew I wasn't gonna win the JP with that one. Made another drop only to get bit off and had to bait up again,
this time I come up with a very nice Bacaccio. A few more tries and a few more missed opportunities. By that time the boat limit on lings had been reached so we moved in for rock fish to fill our bags.
At about 200 ft we stopped a few times and caught some very good sized Reds. Other mixed fish were caught all quality except for the ones I was catching on my Lucanus jig All that seemed to be interested were small fish.
Took it off and switched to Gulp and cut squid finished the day with a mix of nice rock fish.

FishBandit
04-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Excellent reporting..... makes me want to hit the salt soon.

theBandit

Tail Chaser
04-04-2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the report.
Sounds like good times out there.

ghetto dad
04-05-2008, 07:06 AM
thanks for the report man...great job.....

GD

Brian_GSC
04-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Joe and crew rock! VERY fishy boat.