PDA

View Full Version : warren and klondike lakes

kps
04-04-2008, 09:49 AM
has anyone fished these lakes. i just recently read that these lakes hold trout, is this true? can you even fish these lakes. i have been up the 395 many times and never seen these two lakes. any info would help as i my try to fish there soon.

Sierra_Smitty
04-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Where did you read that?

Judging by the Google Earth, Warren lake is bone dry now. I've never heard of anything other than carp being in Klondike...I suppose it's possible but very unlikely. Klondike is like 5ft deep in the deepest part and gets awefully warm in the summer for trout to survive.

kps
04-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Where did you read that?

Judging by the Google Earth, Warren lake is bone dry now. I've never heard of anything other than carp being in Klondike...I suppose it's possible but very unlikely. Klondike is like 5ft deep in the deepest part and gets awefully warm in the summer for trout to survive.
okay, thanks for the info. i just read about the lakes and the article said that there is trout in the lakes. maybe i got confused with another lake. the article also said something about exiting 395 across from some alfalfa fields in that area.

Sierra_Smitty
04-04-2008, 02:17 PM
okay, thanks for the info. i just read about the lakes and the article said that there is trout in the lakes. maybe i got confused with another lake. the article also said something about exiting 395 across from some alfalfa fields in that area.

Anything is possible.....I've heard that there is still water in Warren but it was totally dry sometime in the last few years when the satellite image was taken. Still probably worth taking a look at at least.

I'll let you know if I hear anything else about Klondike.

Sparky70
04-04-2008, 02:55 PM
You can exit 395 north of Lone Pine across from an alfalfa field to get to Sheppards Pond, some fish in there.

Badfish2
04-14-2008, 01:03 AM
Klondike is still full and there are trout,bass,catfish in there. I confirmed that with a DFG guy up there about 2 years ago. There are TONS of lakes like Klondike up there if you just drive around on the east side of 395, I found some ponds up off of Baker Creek that have some nice sized trout.

usmcfisherman
04-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Klondike is still full and there are trout,bass,catfish in there. I confirmed that with a DFG guy up there about 2 years ago. There are TONS of lakes like Klondike up there if you just drive around on the east side of 395, I found some ponds up off of Baker Creek that have some nice sized trout.

really theres cats up there?

Badfish2
04-28-2008, 10:55 PM
really theres cats up there?

Yep, all of the lakes that contain cats are in the owens valley, none are above 5000 ft. Remember, it gets up to 110 degrees in the owens valley for most of the summer. Water temps rise very fast in those conditions. Owens river has some cats too, along with the Haiwee Res. which is supposed to be closed now to the public,but nobody is watchin' . :shock:

usmcfisherman
04-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Yep, all of the lakes that contain cats are in the owens valley, none are above 5000 ft. Remember, it gets up to 110 degrees in the owens valley for most of the summer. Water temps rise very fast in those conditions. Owens river has some cats too, along with the Haiwee Res. which is supposed to be closed now to the public,but nobody is watchin' . :shock:

great my aunts a doc up in bishop,and she nows all the fishn news.i gotta tell her.