PDA

View Full Version : What lures to use at Lake crowley/ w/pics

fishfinder
05-13-2007, 08:14 PM
I am leaving to lake crowley on thursday morning for 3 days of fishing. :banana:
Can't wait!!! :cart:
I am taking my Dad and a good friend for what I am hoping to be a trip I will always remember when my Dad is to old to go anymore.
I don't care much about myself catching fish, as much as my guests.
I plan on doing some trolling before we go to the dreaded threaded crawler. :dedhorse:
These are the lures I have to chose from. can you tell me which ones I should try and where. We have leadcore also.
Thanks in advance for all your input, and I will post a full and detailed report when I get back next monday.

troutjig
05-13-2007, 08:31 PM
I would try the mirashad I just got back and got 10 on the mirashad same color you have.

DreStyle
05-13-2007, 08:57 PM
I don't know about Crowley, but in general the pink and white mini-jigs/worms kill up there.

jakalope
05-13-2007, 10:06 PM
I dont know but I will look for you this weekend. Then we could let each other know whats working. :wink:

Fisho
05-13-2007, 10:15 PM
You need some more tackle boxes! :shock:

Good luck and let us know how it went. :D

Fear No Trout
05-13-2007, 10:15 PM
For trolling the "Pink Passion" Mirashad, or "Flame" will be a good choice. Rainbow, CD 7 and jointed Rapalas are good. Bubblegum size 3 Needlefish work well.

Pearl white tube jigs for the perch.

And let's us not forget my signature trademark. The "Dreaded Threaded" crawler.

Fear No Trout

fishfinder
05-13-2007, 10:32 PM
For trolling the "Pink Passion" Mirashad, or "Flame" will be a good choice. Rainbow, CD 7 and jointed Rapalas are good. Bubblegum size 3 Needlefish work well.

Pearl white tube jigs for the perch.

And let's us not forget my signature trademark. The "Dreaded Threaded" crawler.

Fear No Trout

i know that trademark is getting pretty famous. thanks t.o.
i also heard the mirashad was doing good

Fisho i agree, i need more tackle boxes. i just told my wife thats what i want for fathers day.

sounds like a good plan to me jackalope look for this boat out there frday, and saturday too if we nail them friday. we will fish convict thursday afternoon.

Thanks to all.

Big Country
05-13-2007, 11:29 PM
I'm there from Tuesday until Friday morning with a bunch of buddies. If I see you Friday morning or late Thursday night, I'll let you know what we caught fish on.

Out of your selection there, I would use the rapalas, TB's and needlefish because that is what I have had the most success with up there over the years.

I'm praying for crappy weather, but with no wind.

Troutman65
05-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Looks like you have all the base's coverd with what you got. Good luck !!!

fishfinder
05-14-2007, 05:28 PM
looks like it should be about 70 degrees with 10-15 mph wind.

side note: PIZZA FACTORY IN BISHOP ON THE WAY UP..MMMM!!!!!!
MY SIERRA TRADITION

Peestick
05-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Looks like you have all the base's coverd with what you got. Good luck !!!

Almost. He is missing the secret weapon.

I happen to be the proud owner of a secret weapon.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/Peestick/DSC02319.jpg

fishfinder
05-15-2007, 05:01 PM
sweet looking lure. I definatly need some of those. nice work peestick

Peestick
05-15-2007, 06:11 PM
sweet looking lure. I definatly need some of those. nice work peestick

Book a trip with trout only and I'll give you one. :lol:
Here's a slide show on the build process.
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/ ... 727797.pbw (http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/Peestick/?action=view&current=1178727797.pbw)

jakalope
05-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Peestick.... nice work thats impressive :!: must be quite satisfying when you hook up!!!

fishfinder....I will look for ya!! nice boat and it matches the house :wink:

Peestick
05-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Peestick.... nice work thats impressive :!: must be quite satisfying when you hook up!!!

fishfinder....I will look for ya!! nice boat and it matches the house :wink:

It is very rewarding to say the least especially when you stick your PB on one
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/Peestick/DSC01190.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e400/Peestick/DSC01193.jpg

one_leg
05-15-2007, 07:18 PM
What about the new LipRippeerZ Zspoon? I've caught fish with em.

One_Leg

PS Good Luck.

fishfinder
05-15-2007, 08:14 PM
I just saw the video pstick. the problem for me is i can't paint. i have made wood lures before but i had to have some-one else paint them.
as for booking a trip with T.O. I wish!!!!!
i just bought the boat that i can't afford lol
i came close to booking last year. but just couldn't give up the cash, and settled for fishing from my float tube. all the tips i have learned form him and fear no trout just on this site i should pay them both. (the best i can do is to release most the trout i catch to be caught another day) and me and T.O. are practically neighbors he lives just a few miles down the road.
i see his truck on the road once in awhile around town.

Peestick
05-15-2007, 09:07 PM
I just saw the video pstick. the problem for me is i can't paint. i have made wood lures before but i had to have some-one else paint them.
as for booking a trip with T.O. I wish!!!!!
i just bought the boat that i can't afford lol
i came close to booking last year. but just couldn't give up the cash, and settled for fishing from my float tube. all the tips i have learned form him and fear no trout just on this site i should pay them both. (the best i can do is to release most the trout i catch to be caught another day) and me and T.O. are practically neighbors he lives just a few miles down the road.
i see his truck on the road once in awhile around town.

CPR is a great start buddy. I push that like no tomorrow. I know what you mean about the boat you can't afford too. I am in the same boat :lol:

Peestick
05-15-2007, 09:19 PM
What about the new LipRippeerZ Zspoon? I've caught fish with em.

One_Leg

PS Good Luck.

Take this from a lure maker, almost anything will work as long as the action is right. Put the lure in the right spot and fish it correctly and you will hook up. The Lipripperz spoons are the sht too. Even though I make my own I still buy stuff that I know is killer.

fishfinder
05-15-2007, 09:31 PM
fortunatly for the fish i hate trout. i always keep a couple for a friend or 2'
last year i didn't even bring one fish home from the sierras.
hopefully there bigger this year. lol

Granny Fish
05-22-2007, 02:05 PM
fortunatly for the fish i hate trout. i always keep a couple for a friend or 2'
last year i didn't even bring one fish home from the sierras.
hopefully there bigger this year. lol

Hee-hee-hee... more for me! :banana:

:wink:

SDJHawk
05-28-2007, 12:26 AM
Hey fishfinder or anyone in the know,
Kinda new with the 3's and 5's. Which one of those is the mirashad? I have been looking for them in tackle shop stores but can't find them. Is it the one on the far right?
Thanks

fishfinder
05-28-2007, 12:34 PM
cd 3's and 5's are rapala. sport chalet carries cultiva mira shad lures.
try this web site
http://www.ownerhooks.com/pages/product ... rashad.htm (http://www.ownerhooks.com/pages/products/lures/crankbaits/mirashad.htm)

SDJHawk
05-28-2007, 10:31 PM
thanks fishfinder. I'll give it a try. Appreciate your response.