PDA

View Full Version : Washington Smallie

fishnislife
04-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Hello ladies and gents from the Northwest. I miss you guys down there and miss the constant bite.
This is my PB smallie to date and I had to work hard for her. I just wanted to share with you guys because I am pretty excited about it.
I caught her on Lake Washington tossing a 1/2oz. football head jig with a natural hula grub trailer. She was caught in 30' of water and was the only one boated during the day. I lost one other nice one at the boat and had another hit that I couldn't make stick.
Tough bite right now with the inconsistant weather we have been having. We should be going into Spring but the weather sure isn't showing it.

4.4lb. SMB
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/028.jpg

Sorry for such a bad pick. It was rainy and cold that day and I had the camera on the wrong settings. I have another one of her in my photobucket. http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c176/fishnislife/

fishnislife

britheguy
04-01-2008, 07:45 PM
That is a beast of a smallie! Wtg man...a catch of a lifetime! Well at least until you catch another huge one!

sonic
04-01-2008, 08:35 PM
Nice job on the smallie. Plus nice pictures in the photobucket.

Ambassadorhawg
04-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Nice brown bass! My friend use to get them good in that lake with the castaic shad. If you want to get some even bigger, go to the Columbia River this Spring or Summer!!!

fishnislife
04-02-2008, 09:44 PM
Nice brown bass! My friend use to get them good in that lake with the castaic shad. If you want to get some even bigger, go to the Columbia River this Spring or Summer!!!

Thanks man. I have been wanting to get down to the Columbia for awhile now. But there is a ton of water to cover still in my area.

fishnislife

steve092
04-06-2008, 10:24 PM
What a fish!
Great job!

Nessie Hunter
04-07-2008, 09:19 AM
**NICE**

WTG bud....

fishnislife
04-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks fellas. I hope to get out soon and top the 5lb mark for a smallie. Hopefully this weekend, weather permitting of course. It has been really bad up here lately and unpredictable. The fish have moved up but are not staging yet with the water temp still in the upper 40's and low 50's. The LMB are in the 7-15ft range and the SMB can be found anywhere between 25-40ft. There starting to spread out from there schools so they can be tough to locate. But once your on top of them you'll get a solid bite.
A string of real nice days will get them back on track. And moving up. I can't wait for real NW spring to show up.

fishnislife