PDA

View Full Version : Good day in Long Beach

cglant
03-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Paddled out to the oil island just outside of Los Alamitos bay to do some fishing from 8 am to about noon. Caught one halibut about 20 inches 4 sand bass and a surprise Cabezon all on the nuclear chicken gulp jerk shad. Lots of Kayakers out there today about 7 or 8 total plus some other bass boats. Two other guys that I talked to hooked a bat ray a piece on the troll over to island from the beach launch. All in all fun day never got bit on the 10 pound test all day everything came on the 6 pound. I have a picture of the Cabezon not a very good one but when I upload the attachment it says its too big any ideas?

FishNFurious
03-31-2008, 11:17 AM
Nice, like to see the pix of that cabby when you load it up.
Kayaking sure sounds like fun. When my buddies Wingnut and Blackwater gets theirs, I'll get one too.

cglant
04-01-2008, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the reply any ideas on how to get the cabezon picture in the post?

deanhall32
04-01-2008, 09:21 AM
Sup Cory,

Nice to hear that you are salt-water fishing. Now that you are hooked on kayaking, are you ever going to make an overnight cattle boat trip? I'm sure you will!! Nice job catching fish.

CoffeaRobusta
04-01-2008, 01:09 PM
when I upload the attachment it says its too big any ideas?

You will have to use some kind of photo editing software to make it smaller. Too big can mean many things.....dimensions? (how many pixels wide and tall?) or it can mean the file size. The easiest thing to do is load it in Photoshop or Microsoft Photo Editor....what ever you got....and make the dimensions smaller like 640 in width (be sure to keep the proportions constrained or you will stretch out your pic and make it look weird) and then save as a jpeg at a moderate quality setting.

If you don't have photo editing software on your compy then there are many online photo editing applications available.....no download required. just google "online photo editing".

cglant
04-01-2008, 03:11 PM
What up Dean I cant wait to get out on the boats let me know when you head out on the overnighters, im saving up for a 2 day kayak mothership trip coming up on May 11th, thanks for the response on the photoshop editing I will try it out when i get home from work talk to ya later Dean

mg2969
04-01-2008, 09:01 PM
WTG especially on the cabezon

I'm hitting Huntington Harbor tomorrow if the weather holds
Let me know if you ever want to go out

MikeG
Hobie REVO
OK p-13

steve092
04-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Hey, thanks for the report!
I might be down in LB this weekend, so I might do some surf fishing.

cglant
04-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Hey MikeG yeah next time I head up to LB i will let you know, oh ya I got a Hobie as well. And Steve thanks for the reply talk to you guys later

gletemfeelsteelgary
04-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Have you spotted any boneheads around long beach recently ?

Gary

cglant
04-07-2008, 08:49 AM
No havent seen any out there yet, definetly let you know if I run into any this weekend