PDA

View Full Version : bass fishing on the 395 questions

troutmagnet
03-28-2008, 04:42 PM
I am going to bishop and on the way i wanted to catch some bass. I heard there are some ponds that hold bass but i dont know where they are. If someone could tell me where they are anywhere between lone pine and bishop that would be great.

thanks.

Sparky70
03-28-2008, 07:33 PM
You might try Shepards pond just north of Lone Pine, look for a dirt road on right side of 395, just across from an Alfalfa field, go about a mile. I've heard there are bass there, I know there are trout there, never caught a bass, but caught trout there.

Lightning
03-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Try doing a search on this topic.I remember some good info being shared on here not too long ago.

cjschock
03-28-2008, 11:45 PM
I've heard that Lake Diaz has Bass and I know that Pleasant Valley Reservoir has bass in there somewhere. I believe they can also be caught in the Owens River down toward Lone Pine.

Sparky70
03-29-2008, 02:08 AM
Yes, Lake Diaz does have bass in it, fish over by the reeds on east side of that lake.

Ragetron
03-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Diaz lake does have Bass. Also there are quite a few ponds in the lone pine, independence, and Bishop areas that hold LM and SM bass. Havn't done much fishing in them. But scouted many of them last week for my next trip. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you some directions.

Devious 1
03-31-2008, 08:41 AM
If you don't mind driving a few minutes past Bishop, I've heard the best spot is Mill Pond. I have a few friends who live in Bishop who will float tube it from time to time and say it's the best bass fishing spot up there. It is off to the left side of 395 just opposite of PVR.

Sierra_Smitty
04-01-2008, 11:29 AM
There are ponds with bass in the valley but it's not the easiest fishing unless you have a boat or tube. I've spent a lot of days fishing ponds near Bishop for only a few dinks. They fish are in the Owens near Bishop and PVR but not in any substantial numbers. Millpond has some nice fish but it's not easy fishin. Good luck!