PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire Thursday March 27th

deanhall32
03-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Pictures of this trip will be posted shortly.

Met up at Redondo Sportfishing at 5:30. BBFC present included:

Ghetto Dad
Dean Hall
Cappo
Larissa
Ositto
Willie Nelson-apprentice

The captain welcomed us on board and told us that BobbyK would be pulling double duty as both deckhand and galley cook. That seemed pretty cool as there were only 19 anglers on the Spit.
We first headed for deep water(250 ft) off of Palos Verdes and immediately noticed that the swell was up as was the wind and today was going to be somewhat rough. We did a few deepwater drifts for a few sanddabs and not much else so the captain opted for a move north.

The rest of the day was spent moving, dropping anchor, fishing, moving dropping anchor, fishing...... The fishing did improve slightly as the day wore on. Some highlights:

1) Os- nailed a large sheepshead ( 8 lbs estimated) that took boat j/p and side j/p
2) Willie Nelson catching a large bat ray
3) Watching Os turn green and almost throw up to king fisherman for the day
4) Cappo and Larissa getting more sleep than I did the night before
5) Watching Ghetto Dad relax because he had no responsibilities on this trip
6) Wondering if Ghetto Dad is going to post some pictures he took
7) Wondering what time BobbyK. got home that night after cleaning the whole boat and the galley by himself

Looking forward to the next trip and hope to meet some FNN guys and girls.

Laters

one_leg
03-28-2008, 10:47 AM
What'd I miss? What'd I miss?

Nice report Dean.

I didn't get to catch anything yesterday.:(

One_Leg

Oz
03-28-2008, 11:14 AM
pleasure fishing with u again dean 8-) and your homie willie and the other guy. sorry forgot his name.

thx juan and larissa for getting me. much appreciated as always homie :cool:

yea wheres the pic steve :roll: :lol: good to fish with u as always homie.

and bobbo the man for doing pretty much everything besides driving the boat :roll::lol:

til the next trip.
lates.

cappo
03-28-2008, 11:23 AM
You guys need to invest in cameras. makes reports much better.
Ya i had a nice snooze, it was good.
Congrats to Oz, he kicked butt

Osiito's custom made burrito holder
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e290/cappo5150/spitfire/IMGP1602.jpg

Giant Rockfish
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e290/cappo5150/spitfire/IMGP1603.jpg

Larissa with a starry
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e290/cappo5150/spitfire/IMGP1604.jpg

ghetto dad
03-28-2008, 04:06 PM
nice report dean....thanks man, you should have posted a perch pic, you would have gotten about 5 pages by now......

great fishing with you guys again, finally....sorry about not posting pics, but as soon as i got home, i CRASHED last night...right now im at the landing......thanks to the crew of the SPITFIRE for another great and fun trip, and Capt Steven, it was great seeing you again homie!!!! Great job oz, reppin the newbs and all.....:)

~larissa
03-28-2008, 05:21 PM
nice report dean...

sorry for sleeping so much. i have heart problems and it was giving me a problem on the boat. i forgot my meds so i slept to keep from throwing up so much from the pain... :oops: :oops: :oops:

next time it'll be a fish off...

deanhall32
03-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Sorry Larissa,

I kind of consider you one of the guys and was just joking. Didn't know. I'm sure you will have a better time next time out.

Hope you are feeling better

ghetto dad
03-28-2008, 05:55 PM
nice report dean...

sorry for sleeping so much. i have heart problems and it was giving me a problem on the boat. i forgot my meds so i slept to keep from throwing up so much from the pain... :oops: :oops: :oops:

next time it'll be a fish off...
lol...sounds like some one else i know...i knew you werent "yourself" that day, i was afraid to even talk to you....hope youre feeling better.....

GD

ghetto dad
03-29-2008, 12:56 AM
7 replies, all us.....real nice...anyways, heres some pics....my camera sucks, and the funny thing is, the megapixels are higher on this one, and it takes bad pics....heres the pics for the 7 guys (us)...

Liteliner
03-29-2008, 01:36 AM
Nice fish. Osiito congrats on the jackpot bro. Man I need to get out soon. Where are the damn yellows. I heard they were catchin some huge bonito and some log cuda's at catalina. Might have to do with those for now. Thanks for the report.

ghetto dad
03-29-2008, 02:18 AM
Nice fish. Osiito congrats on the jackpot bro. Man I need to get out soon. Where are the damn yellows. I heard they were catchin some huge bonito and some log cuda's at catalina. Might have to do with those for now. Thanks for the report.
WOO HOOOOOOO!!! lol....Thanks for the reply man.....whered you hear that???? If thats true, im in...lets GO!!!!! I need to throw some iron bro!

GD

Oz
03-29-2008, 02:50 AM

thx homie...yea man u need to come out and fish soon even if its rockfish or bass :cool:

i know u gonna get on the yellows and WSB this year like u did last year. yea on the cuda and bonito, 976-tuna had something on it that they were coming around already.

Gmoney
03-29-2008, 08:30 AM

sweeeet - someone other than one us replied
oz please donate the JP to liteliner

deano - cool recap thanks man!
glad everyone had a chance to get together and hang out.....wish i could have taken the day off.
rissa - hope you feel better
juanito/oz - ill bring you some motion sickness pills next time....just in case ;) seriously , congrats oz on the nice fish!!
gd - how did it feel to JUST fish?

i bet it was really QUIET and peaceful out on the water - bwhahahahha

hope everyone has a great weekend
laters
G$

ps - need more perch shots.....maybe we should have a "perch mascot" picture that gets uploaded on every report....kinda one of the bbfc

Tail Chaser
03-29-2008, 11:48 AM
WOO HOOOOOOO!!! lol....Thanks for the reply man.....whered you hear that???? If thats true, im in...lets GO!!!!! I need to throw some iron bro!

GD
No Bones anywhere to be found :)

THATS NOT ME

Oz
03-29-2008, 02:40 PM
No Bones anywhere to be found :)

THATS NOT ME

still a nice sized bonito tho :cool:

ghetto dad
03-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Hey guys, i posted a report on the "other" 2 message boards....check it out...

GD

one_leg
03-29-2008, 10:19 PM
7 replies, all us.....real nice...anyways, heres some pics....my camera sucks, and the funny thing is, the megapixels are higher on this one, and it takes bad pics....heres the pics for the 7 guys (us)...

At least the mountains in the background look real nice.

Oz
04-01-2008, 09:32 AM
Osiito's custom made burrito holder
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e290/cappo5150/spitfire/IMGP1602.jpg

:rofl: thats probally the only time u will ever see that kind of picture :lol: im usually done with it quick but was feeling iggy 1/4 of the trip so had to put it down :lol::roll:

deanhall32
04-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Dude,

The back of your neck was green!

troutdog
04-01-2008, 10:28 AM
No surprise to see the jackpot winner wearing a Dodger hat....sweet goat Osito!

Nice report and pics of the day....looking forward to getting on the Spitfire when Catalina finally wakes up. I'm not going to get jumped if I wear a Team57 shirt will I? :lol:

TD

deanhall32
04-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Os had a TEAM57 shirt on under his hoodie. No worries TEAM57

troutdog
04-01-2008, 11:14 AM

Ahhhh....so it was a TEAM57 shirt and Dodger hat combo that took the jp, duly noted!

Thanks Dean,

TD

DavidE
04-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Good looking fishies guys!!!

Hey did I give that guy the name Willie Nelson??? ooops!!

one_leg
04-01-2008, 11:55 AM

Come on now Coach Banana, you know that Os usually wears an NBU spandex unitard under his street clothes just like you.

Maybe he left it at home this time enabling him to catch some fish?

deanhall32
04-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Good looking fishies guys!!!

Hey did I give that guy the name Willie Nelson??? ooops!!

Yeah David,

He actually liked the name and might use that as his screen name! Why don't you come fishing with us on one of our trips soon??

Oz
04-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Come on now Coach Banana, you know that Os usually wears an NBU spandex unitard under his street clothes just like you.

Maybe he left it at home this time enabling him to catch some fish?

alan why must u always be a tard with your lame comments...go stick a sock in ya mouth already :roll:

Oz
04-02-2008, 12:24 AM
No surprise to see the jackpot winner wearing a Dodger hat....sweet goat Osito!

Nice report and pics of the day....looking forward to getting on the Spitfire when Catalina finally wakes up. I'm not going to get jumped if I wear a Team57 shirt will I? :lol:

TD

yea man we will initiate u by tossing u into the dip :twisted::lol:

thx man u should come join us even if they not running to CAT still fun trips 8-)

Yeah David,

He actually liked the name and might use that as his screen name! Why don't you come fishing with us on one of our trips soon??

dean david has fished with us b4 on the spit..with his homie too the banana boy :roll: 8-)

troutdog
04-02-2008, 12:41 AM
yea man we will initiate u by tossing u into the dip :twisted::lol:

thx man u should come join us even if they not running to CAT still fun trips 8-)

You're right getting on the salt is cool no matter what you catch, there is always something to see or learn. I better pay my dues and fine tune my game before the summer bite arrives.

Osito When you say "the dip" are you referring to the new luxury stateroom added while in drydock this year that serves as a message parlor/brothel, that I have been hearing all about? :lol:

TD

Oz
04-02-2008, 06:38 AM
Osito When you say "the dip" are you referring to the new luxury stateroom added while in drydock this year that serves as a message parlor/brothel, that I have been hearing all about? :lol:

TD

sure TD we'll let u think that :twisted: :roll: :lol:

one_leg
04-02-2008, 07:44 AM
alan why must u always be a tard with your lame comments...go stick a sock in ya mouth already :roll:

Os, do you realize that if we had not gone fishing every weekend for the past six months we could of both bought a car for ourselves?

:rofl:

DavidE
04-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Well I'm glad he liked it ... I'll hit a few trips with you guys when I can. I have a few two day trips coming up soon and I need to get my deposit together for my six day on the Intrepid next July.
I'll keep lookin at tha rondevouz section.
Hey Oso - why you gotta bring up the banana eatin guy???

Oz
04-02-2008, 01:25 PM
Os, do you realize that if we had not gone fishing every weekend for the past six months we could of both bought a car for ourselves?

alan i dunno what reality u are living in but i dont go fishing every day or weekend like u do...i have a job that i work weekends. i guess u're too stoned to realize that :roll::finger:

Oz
04-02-2008, 01:26 PM
Well I'm glad he liked it ... I'll hit a few trips with you guys when I can. I have a few two day trips coming up soon and I need to get my deposit together for my six day on the Intrepid next July.
I'll keep lookin at tha rondevouz section.
Hey Oso - why you gotta bring up the banana eatin guy???

just hard to forget something like that :lol:

cappo
04-02-2008, 01:57 PM
alan i dunno what reality u are living in but i dont go fishing every day or weekend like u do...i have a job that i work weekends. i guess u're too stoned to realize that :roll::finger:

Dammmmm, Alan got Osiitowned!!!!

~larissa
04-02-2008, 03:54 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ghetto dad
04-02-2008, 04:37 PM

that comment offended me

GD

cappo
04-02-2008, 04:40 PM
that comment offended me

GD

Well then leave to your other two sites :rofl::rofl:

ghetto dad
04-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Well then leave to your other two sites :rofl::rofl:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...nice one el salvadorian....why are you signed on hidden??? you hiding????

Oz
04-02-2008, 04:58 PM
that comment offended me

GD

:finger: :finger: :finger:

ghetto dad
04-02-2008, 05:00 PM
:finger: :finger: :finger:

those finger smilies are offensive to me

GD

Oz
04-02-2008, 05:01 PM
those finger smilies are offensive to me

GD

u on ya menstral cycle again steve??? :rofl:

ghetto dad
04-02-2008, 05:02 PM
u on ya menstral cycle again steve??? :rofl:

im always on my menstal cycle oz, you should know that homie!! :) I was kidding....peace....gotta go watch a movie with brit mang..

GD