PDA

View Full Version : 1st BSP and 1st YFC

TunaChaser469
03-26-2008, 06:08 PM
I managed to finagle my way out of meetings on Monday and Tuesday and was able to hit the surf at Sunset Beach about 2:30 on both days. On Monday, I tossed GCSW all up and down the beach for a few bites, but I failed to land anything. Wind was pretty strong, and the tides were even stronger. Even with 1 oz sinker, I couldn't keep my line tight. Waves would bring it in almost as fast as I could real. Quit on Monday about 5pm. Tuesday was better. Arrived at same place and second cast hooked-up with my first barred surf perch. I was throwing a 2" MORF on c-rig. Had about 5 more bites over next half hour, but couldn't set hook on three and farmed two. Little later caught my first Yellow Fin Croaker. Sorry no pictures, as I was too afraid of getting my new camera wet in the surf. I'll be sure to buy a cheapie, jsut for surf fishing. . -BOZ

DiskoCrisco
03-26-2008, 06:38 PM
good job!!!

newbefisher
03-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Nice job on getting your first surf fish. :thumb:

tacklejunkie
03-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Stick the camera in a plastic bag! ;)
Just don't drop it in the drink! Make sure it's in a zippered pocket or something.

Good work on your first BSP and YFC! Here's to many more! :beer:

Wingnut
03-26-2008, 10:34 PM
Congrats on the first surf fishies! You'll find yourself yearning to come back for more! ;) :mrgreen:

CoffeaRobusta
03-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Congrats on the first surf fish. Here's to many more to come.

Another option to getting a cheap camera and putting it in a bag is to get an underwater camera.

I have this one...
Vupoint Dc-wpc-st531t-vp 5.0 Megapixel Waterproof Digital Camera (http://www.beachaudio.com/Vupoint/Wpc-St531t-p-109484.html?utm_campaign=froogle&utm_content=enh1&utm_term=dc-wpc-st531t-vp&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=froogle&GTKW=dc-wpc-st531t-vp&GCID=C12585x003)

It takes horrid photos at night but fairly decent one during the day. If you are willing to spend more you could get a nicer one. You may even find that someone makes a waterproof housing for the camera you already got.