PDA

View Full Version : San Clemente Pier 3/25/08

KILLA
03-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Hey everyone, well got off work at 6:30 pm. I had all my gear loaded in the truck. Got to the pier at 7, and went straight to the end. Set up shop, chowed down on my famous star. While I was eating I saw some kid catching some decent size bait fish. So I asked if he would hook me up with a few, he said "no problem." Tied up my rig using 4 oz pyramid weight, 20 lb andy clear. 2 1/2 ft leader. Tossed out some live bait 1st, while my squid thawed. After 40 min did a bait check, :frustrated: crab's. Rebaited with squid this time and gave it another go. The owner of the cafe shop was cruzing the end of the pier, letting us know she was shutting down the grill, so my buddy asked for a grilled roastbeef sandwhich. She came out 5 min later and handed it to him with a free basket of some bomb *** fry's. So me, and a couple of guys were all shootin the #$#$ when i got a few hits, pick up the pole and didn't feel anything else. I dont think it was anything big though. Moved down just outside the break area, fished for another hour when my buddy landed a little thornback. Called it a night.

I got the :skunk:

Killa :2guns:

Trout-Slayer77
03-26-2008, 10:13 AM
thanks for the report, sorry about the skunk.... i love the San Clemente Pier,Ive seen some guys fishing for sharks at night with balloons and glowsticks and huge chunks of bait...looked like they were goin for jaws.

CoffeaRobusta
03-26-2008, 03:48 PM
I haven't hit up San Clemente yet. I'll have to give it a try sometime. Right on man. Thanks for the post.

Wingnut
03-26-2008, 11:20 PM
Haven't fished San Clemente yet, but I hear that it's usually pretty good. I actually want to drive a little further south and fish San Onofre and catch some mutant surf fish! ;) :mrgreen:

Sorry about the Skunk, you'll shed him next time. :cool:

twin22s
03-26-2008, 11:31 PM
the SC pier is my usual fishing spot, i haven't been in a few weeks, but i usualy catch a few small sandies and calico. the big bite has slowed down of late, so i generaly will throw a 1-inch piece of squid on a surf rig, over the rocks, and sometimes i catch just as big a fish. something me and my BASS fishing friends can't stress enough, when the bite is slow, DOWN-SIZE. but always leave a big chunk of something out there in case you happen to get lucky. better luck next time. nobody likes a skunk

TWIN-22s