PDA

View Full Version : Easter Sunday fishing at Carlsbad

Native Gal
03-25-2008, 10:59 PM
Hello fisher guys & gals, :)
After a killer Easter Brunch at my in-laws in Irvine we decided to hit Carlsbad. Sat my husband got the skunk off his back when he caught 1 trout at Gregory and a bottom feeder that was only 3" long which he counted to beat me, LOL. Well his family teased him about my constantly catching more fish than him so we decided to try out our favorite spot that night. The family wanted a count by the end of the night. Got to Carlsbad around 4 and called my nephew who lives by to join us with his gal friend. It was my husbands B-Day so he wanted to catch one good ray or shark to help him get over the skunk he had for awhile. With a full moon scheduled for the night we thought we would get some good action. The place was packed. Threw out some chovies and the wait was slow. No one was catching anything. We even tried shrimp. It was too crowded to throw lures so we just soaked the chovies. My line kept getting hit but I was too busy talking with my nephew to get the darn bait stealers. I caught several small bass, and later when the sun was going down my nephews friend got her first lil salt fish. She was getting a few nibbles as well and the guys were not getting much love. After the sun dropped we were ready for the night prowlers, but no such luck that night.
My nephew left and we stayed a little longer. I was hoping my husband would get a big ray so his B-Day would end on a good fishing note. Unfortunately, no love. I kept tossing my chovies with constant action. Hit after hit after hit. I ended the evening with a total of 9 lil sand bass and a few spotties. They were all small around 8 in. I lost about 6 because I could not pull them through the weed bed. The bite was hot for me but my husbands fishing weekend did not fair so well. My father in-law called earlier in the evening for the fish count but I don't think my husband gave him the final tally, LOL.
Surprisingly it was extremely slow fishing but still alot of fun. :)
I told my husband just before we drifted off to sleep thant night that I had fun on his B-Day weekend he said "I KNOW YOU DID", heehee. I love teasing him.
So until next outing, Tight Lines to all.

NG
p.s. I was too busy talking to my nephew I forgot to take pixs of my catches but I did include one of his gal friend.

Wingnut
03-26-2008, 07:11 AM
Oh gosh NG, I feel so bad for your hubby. I understand how it is when the catching is slow. :neutral: You, on the other hand, seems to attract fish on a regular basis, we have something in common! ;) :mrgreen:
Very nice & detailed report, sound like a fun trip regardless of the bite.
Thanks for sharing. :D

Arthur (Wingnut)

Nhatster
03-26-2008, 08:12 AM
That sounds like a nice trip, love the beach! :cool:

CoffeaRobusta
03-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Very Nice!