PDA

View Full Version : My Pond

txcurry
03-25-2008, 02:14 AM
Just thought you guys might like to see one of the little green sunfish I caught last weekend out of one of my ponds.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/TXCurry/greensf.jpg

Markymark13
03-25-2008, 02:26 AM
beautiful lookin lil fish right there

KILLA
03-25-2008, 09:42 AM
Your pond? Did you build it yourself? How long did it take? And how did you make your own water. Not cool if your claiming GOD'S work man. More like a private pond.

Hater of the year

Killa :2guns:

txcurry
03-25-2008, 06:50 PM
It is my pond because it is on my property, one of five. Here in Texas we build "ponds" for the cattle, then we stock them with fish; cats, sunfish, bass, whatever we choose. No, I don't claim rights to God's work, but I have been assigned as a steward of His (read it in the Bible).As such I claim responsibility for the ponds on my property so I claim the right to call them mine.

seal
03-25-2008, 07:02 PM
It is my pond because it is on my property, one of five. Here in Texas we build "ponds" for the cattle, then we stock them with fish; cats, sunfish, bass, whatever we choose. No, I don't claim rights to God's work, but I have been assigned as a steward of His (read it in the Bible).As such I claim responsibility for the ponds on my property so I claim the right to call them mine.

Excellent response! Thank You! Oh and beautiful fish.....

FISHBAIT
03-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Just Telling It Like It Is!!! I Love It.

Fishbait

castle
03-25-2008, 07:37 PM
I thought this was for So. cal. reports, not Texas.

txcurry
03-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Yeah, it is out of state, but I lived in So Cal for 36 years and I jones a lot for my old fishing haunts. I spend a lot of time looking in the So Cal forums and share what info I have on places I've fished there so I thought I'd share some of my experiences here in Texas with y'all.

Stormcrow
03-25-2008, 11:11 PM

I am so jealous I hate your guts!!! LOL

olfishergal
03-25-2008, 11:35 PM
man I really miss fishing all those ponds in other states. Fished many farm ponds in Ky and Ind. 1 or 2 in Texas......fishing is so different out of calif. I am jealous of your pond......OFG

mikesheezy
03-25-2008, 11:40 PM
[QUOTE=txcurry;163279]Just thought you guys might like to see one of the little green sunfish I caught last weekend out of one of my ponds.

You have some good size bass in your ponds?

Ryan C
03-26-2008, 12:11 AM
that looks like a rock bass half sunfish half bass thats why it has such a big mouth.

txcurry
03-26-2008, 02:07 AM
I am told the back pond has some good size bass in it but I have yet to catch one.My neighbor down the road said he caught a 4#er in there a week before we moved in (he had the previous owners permission to fish there any time). I only fly fish and haven't seriously targeted them yet. They were put in there by the lady I bought this place from. I have only targeted the sunfish because they are so easy and there are some large ones in there that hit topwater flies like a bass. I have also caught cats on the flies, but they have always been the smaller ones, and it's only an occasional one.

steve092
03-26-2008, 05:28 AM
Nice Gill!

crappie stalker
03-26-2008, 09:00 AM
beautiful sunfish.. it may be a hybrd..
great responce to the statement made towards your ponds.
sure wish i had ponds in my yard.

cs

Robert trout hunter
03-26-2008, 05:47 PM
lucky lucky lucky!!!!!!!
i wish i had a bigger back yard :(

txcurry
03-26-2008, 07:16 PM
beautiful sunfish.. it may be a hybrd..
great responce to the statement made towards your ponds.
sure wish i had ponds in my yard.

cs

It is a Green Sunfish, they have larger mouths and are almost bass-like.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/TXCurry/images.jpg

trail blazer
03-26-2008, 08:20 PM
a great thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,cause im a native texan:D,,,,what part of tex is youre pond in??????

one_leg
03-26-2008, 10:05 PM
I recognize that spot from the reflection of the tree on the water.

It's only a matter of time before I poach every one of those lil greenies.

You should have cropped out the background.

j/k of course

Thanks for sharing your lil' slice of heaven on earth with us.
Envy is one of the 7 deadly sins, I will simply admire your pond.

O_L

txcurry
03-27-2008, 02:27 AM
Thank You all. I am in N.E. Texas and my ponds are no more remarkable that the many others in the area. A lot of the ponds here have beavers, and there is a Great Heron rookery on our back pond, which is also fairly common here. By the way, we're about 15 minutes from Lake Fork and about the same from Tawokoni, if I wish to go Bassin' in a big pond.

Nhatster
03-29-2008, 02:39 PM
We used to have a pond on our property when we were living in Virginia. I miss those days! :) That's where we all learned how to fish.

txcurry
03-30-2008, 04:20 PM
I just got back from fishing the pond where the pic was taken. I managed to land one about twice as big as the one in the pic. I also hooked a big snapping turtle. They are mean suckers and I'm glad I didn't have to contend with it as the fly pulled out.

Badfish2
04-15-2008, 11:59 PM
That's awesome man, you're living many a fisherman's dreams right there.

KILLA
04-18-2008, 04:06 PM

Just pullin your chain :thumb:

killa

5 ponds, you should have 1 bass, 1 catfish, 1 trout, 1 sunfish, and one mixed with only hogs.

OnDaHunt4Fish
05-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Just thought you guys might like to see one of the little green sunfish I caught last weekend out of one of my ponds.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/TXCurry/greensf.jpg

Excellent response!

chivo
07-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Good fightin' green sunfish. i love them all

pipelayer5150
07-07-2008, 03:53 PM
hey txcurry i spent many a summer fishing near you in canton texas had friends out there with a ranch that had an amazing pond on their property. caught bass there weighing up to 8lbs many 2-2.5 lb crappie and nice cats to 10lbs but it was a 3 acre pond they had. i miss fishing topwater during thunderstorms and watching the bass break the surface for a spook. as far as the beavers go we used to sit out by the pond at night and shoot them with the 30-06, as they were constantly cutting down large trees on the property falling them right over the acces road. i hope to retire there in oh about 40 years the people r among the warmest most inviting ive ever met. Oh and lake fork kicks asssssss talk about huge bass and amazing structure i highly recomend it to any one on vacation in eastern texas.

Pipelayer5150