PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Pier - Last day of lobster season

CoffeaRobusta
03-24-2008, 09:37 PM
GF and I went with some friends from work to try and hoop some lobsters and do a little fishin'. I never thought I would go to Belmont Pier because it's a little nasty, but with the nearly full moon coming up and the city lights it was kinda pretty. Just so long as i didn't look at the trash in the water or the bird crap everywhere. Shortly into the session, GF picks up on a lizardfish....

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/AtomicWildBill/Fishing%20pics/jenlizardfish.jpg

The rest of the evening ended up being a white croaker fest. Almost all of them deep hooked too. Even with cuttin the line and tossin em back they weren't too happy. A few of them became gull food before they recovered.

A couple of people wanted us to give them the croakers instead of tossin them back. I even saw some kids cleaning 5 white croakers at the fish cleaning station. Ugh. I guess they don't know that white croakers from there are loaded with PCBs and DDT.

Never did pull up a lobster but the last pul on the net yielded 3 rock crabs. Two were over 5" and one was 4". Tossed the small one back and kept the other two. No lobsters. Guess I'll have to wait for next season. It's always crab season though!

boxl0bster
03-27-2008, 12:53 AM
thanks for the report! i didnt get any crabs or bugs this season from any piers, i should have gone out more. oh well.

Wingnut
03-27-2008, 01:18 AM
Looks like fun, thanks for sharing the outing. :cool: