PDA

View Full Version : Lake Nacimiento - Fish on

Ms.FatBass
03-24-2008, 06:24 AM
My husband and I spent Thursday through Saturday at Naci this past weekend. As usual, this time of year, we hit spotted bass in Dip Creek with robo worms and top water plugs. We were able to get in on the white bass action trolling yellow rooster tails. We tried all other types of spinners and spoons and the plain yellow with silver or gold blade was the ticket. Over the 2.5 days, we caught and released about 30 white bass and over 100 spotted bass. Oh yeah, hubby also got a catfish on a red plastic worm! Fantastic times and beautiful weather. Fish and game warden was out so make sure you have your license.

ryanerb
03-24-2008, 07:37 PM
great report. I always love to hear reports from naci. Any big spots, or mostly smaller?

Brian_GSC
03-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Naci is definitely my favorite lake! How was the water level?

Ms.FatBass
03-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Spots were mostly small...average 12", about 1 pound. A couple of white's were almost 2 pounds. Water levels were on the rise and we had no problems getting back into the smaller channels. Definitely not full but not a problem. Once a year it's nice go to go such a beautiful place and catch fish until you are ALMOST tired of catching fish :)

troutdog
03-25-2008, 11:26 PM
That must have been a great couple days on the water, thanks for the report and all the specifics! Reports like this is what brought me to FNN.

TD

falcor49
06-02-2008, 09:25 AM
were you fishing from shore??

megafisher94
06-03-2008, 07:04 PM
waterskiied here when i was very little ( 4-5) and just recently i was wondering is the fishing has ever been good... aparently it is!!!!