PDA

View Full Version : looking for a job on a charter boat

ChadCrews
03-21-2008, 03:00 PM
ive been fishing my entire life, i grew up on the water in Sarasota FL and fish salt and fresh as often as i can...im bored with my everyday routine and want to be doing something i love, like fishing...

im not 100% familiar with all this coasts tricks of the trade and techniques used to catch specific fish, but im a fast learner and fishing is and always will be my true passion...

im 23 and live in Santa monica right near Marina Del Ray launch... i figure this would be the best place to find a job in this field, other than going to the marina and asking each individual captain...

PLEASE PLEASE if you know of anything, ill do anything that involves being on the water, ANYTHING...

please get back to me if you know of anything at all...

thanks in advance!

chadcrews@gmail.com

or

reply to this thread.

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-21-2008, 04:15 PM
ive been fishing my entire life, i grew up on the water in Sarasota FL and fish salt and fresh as often as i can...im bored with my everyday routine and want to be doing something i love, like fishing...

im not 100% familiar with all this coasts tricks of the trade and techniques used to catch specific fish, but im a fast learner and fishing is and always will be my true passion...

im 23 and live in Santa monica right near Marina Del Ray launch... i figure this would be the best place to find a job in this field, other than going to the marina and asking each individual captain...

PLEASE PLEASE if you know of anything, ill do anything that involves being on the water, ANYTHING...

please get back to me if you know of anything at all...

thanks in advance!

chadcrews@gmail.com

or

reply to this thread.

HEY NOW CC, i don't know of any but i've seen allot of guys get deckhand jobs on fishing boats. you really may want to try going by all the landings MDR, LAH, LB, 22nd. St. etc. and walking up to the boats coming form the days fishing, ask who the Capt. is and talk to him/her, see if he/she has a spot open. you may have to pinhead ( work for free ) to start, until they think your good enough, to get hired on.

my :2cents:

GOOD LUCK MAN !

Z

FISH ON !

dodoman
03-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Try The Dominator Or The Grande, Out Of H.m.landing.

Ricky-Ray
03-21-2008, 09:58 PM
You might want to check out Long Beach Sportfishing. I saw on their website that they are looking for a few people. Not sure what in particular though. http://www.longbeachsportfishing.com/

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-22-2008, 07:54 AM
Good Luck On Your Quest. You Do Relieze That, Working As A Deck Hand, Is A Hard Job. You First Will Be Putting Up With A Lot Of Fishing People, With Attitude.you Will Also Have To Put Up With The Captain. Who In My Past Experances Can Be A @@@@ And A Task Master. Its Kind Of Wanting To Work At The Golf Course Because Your A Golfer ,and You Love It. Its Always The Same Old Story, Its Not What It Appears To Be. Good Luck. A Job On A Boat, Could Be A Good Thing As Far As A Learing Experance For A Young Man.. Peace Out And God Bless Mike The Pmb....

twin22s
03-27-2008, 12:08 AM
so you want to be a deckhand? well 2 things you will need besides knowing what your doing. a good attitude, like the guys are saying, your going to be dealing with a bunch of experianced fisherman who will be yelling at you all day, and the other half will all be idiots(pardon the term), inexperianced anglers. so thick skin is a must. and what i have learned trying to get a position with the dana wharf crew, you gotta know ppl. you can go down to the docks, talk to the crew and the capt. the capt. is more likely to hire you if one of his exsisting crew will put in a good word for you. you'll have to be persistant too. they arn't exactly short on ppl wanting to work on the water, so they don't keep a list of potential crew members, its first come first serve. to be put more simply, get to know the capt. and crew. and keep checking with them as much as possible. and good luck to ya.