PDA

View Full Version : Toonzilla ... Decked !

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-21-2008, 02:24 PM
HEY NOW, well it took a few hours, but its DONE ! :smash:

glad i had a few tools to .....

GETTTTTTERRRRRR-DONE !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/NORMZS/P3210001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/NORMZS/P3210002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/NORMZS/P3210004.jpg
:food:.... ALLOT MORE THEM 1 COORS LIGHT :mrgreen:

Z

FISH ON !

flyforfish21
03-21-2008, 03:16 PM
looks good Z. Now you will be able to stand up and stretch after sitting for awhile. The casting advantages will be good too...let us know how it works...Good luck

flyforfish21

fishmounter
03-21-2008, 03:16 PM
Nice!...but...That deck is going to get hot in the summer sun (You won't be fishin' barefoot!) And, it's going to reflect the sun into your face. You might want to paint it a color to match Toonzilla. I would because I've been there with my old boat.

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Nice!...but...That deck is going to get hot in the summer sun (You won't be fishin' barefoot!) And, it's going to reflect the sun into your face. You might want to paint it a color to match Toonzilla. I would because I've been there with my old boat.

THANKS GUYS ... just a little sweat pays off.:smash:

fm, its aluminum and its silver, i really don't think its going to get that HOT, if i paint it ....thats 1 more thing i'll have to maintain... + I always wear divers booty's or wadding/wet shoes and my Rx. glasses are polarized .... thanks for your thoughts :thumb:

i'll post a review next week, when i hit ...

CASTAIC LAGOON, WHEN THESE WINDS FINALLY CALM DOWN. :titanic:

Z

FISH ON !

Ronira
03-21-2008, 04:04 PM
NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TAKING ABOUT Z-DAWG. Welcome to the stand and toon in generation bud. Outstanding job my brother from another mother. Man I really want some side by side photos of our toons. Start a toon revolution. :rofl: Way to go bro :beer:

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-21-2008, 04:23 PM
NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TAKING ABOUT Z-DAWG. Welcome to the stand and toon in generation bud. Outstanding job my brother from another mother. Man I really want some side by side photos of our toons. Start a toon revolution. :rofl: Way to go bro :beer:

WHY THANK YOU VERY MUCH ... Ron-O-TOON-MASTER ! :thumb:

" I'LL NEED TO SNATCH THE OX-BLOOD ROBOWORM FROM YOUR HAND, BEFORE I CAN FISH WITH YOU " :lol:

Z

FISH ON !

tacklejunkie
03-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Very nice Z! Looks professional ;)
I can't imagine my pontoon without a standing deck on it! :shock:
your gonna love it!

Socal Bassman
03-21-2008, 09:01 PM
Very nice work on the deck Z!

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-22-2008, 09:36 AM
HEY NOW, THANKS tj & ScBm ... MAN, I wish i had a machine shop in my garage, but i did my best with what i had.:smash:

Hey tj, your standing deck is not painted, is it .... dose it get HOT or do you have any problems, with the reflection off it ?

Z

FISH ON !

BakoBassin
03-22-2008, 10:04 AM
I think a deck is a good idea...if it slid outa the way. Doesn't it drive you crazy to not have control of the boat? I can't imagine not having my fins down in the water to keep positioned. Just a little breeze moves you around.

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-22-2008, 10:16 AM
I think a deck is a good idea...if it slid outa the way. Doesn't it drive you crazy to not have control of the boat? I can't imagine not having my fins down in the water to keep positioned. Just a little breeze moves you around.

Hey BB, no fins man .... 50lb. thrust Minn Kota RipTide :2guns:trolling motor.

Z

FISH ON !

BakoBassin
03-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Hey BB, no fins man .... 50lb. thrust Minn Kota RipTide :2guns:trolling motor.

Z

FISH ON !
That's cool to get from place to place. It's just hard to stay dialed in on a spot to fish it thoroughly without the fins in the water.

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-22-2008, 12:23 PM
That's cool to get from place to place. It's just hard to stay dialed in on a spot to fish it thoroughly without the fins in the water.

I hear you BB, i use the anchor & tm to stay in the spots i'm fishing ....

DIFFERENT STROKES ... FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS !

Z

FISH ON !

fishtales
03-22-2008, 09:42 PM
I use the anchor & tm to stay in the spots i'm fishing ....

What do you mean by "tm"?

calico killer kevin
03-22-2008, 10:45 PM
What do you mean by "tm"?

Unless i'm mistaken he means trolling motor.

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-24-2008, 09:28 PM
HEY NOW.... hit the goon around 11am,
standing deck works.......................... GREAT ! :thumb::thumb:

I should have made 1 a long time ago, I would like to get a little higher seat post, but other then that ... ITS THE ONLY WAY TO TOON ! :appl:

fished till 6pm. beat the :skunk: with 1 dink.....
texas roboworm aron's magic.... still spilling...water temp 57-60f.
maybe fishing tomorrow from my friends boat ?

Z

FISH ON !

vanillagurilla
03-24-2008, 09:50 PM
might think about painting that deck flat black Z. gona get a mighty nasty sunburn on the back of your calfs on a nice sunny day.

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-24-2008, 09:56 PM
might think about painting that deck flat black Z. gona get a mighty nasty sunburn on the back of your calfs on a nice sunny day.

SPF50 ... MOFO :lol:

Z

FISH ON !

Ronira
03-25-2008, 01:45 AM
HEY NOW.... hit the goon around 11am,
standing deck works.......................... GREAT ! :thumb::thumb:

I should have made 1 a long time ago, I would like to get a little higher seat post, but other then that ... ITS THE ONLY WAY TO TOON ! :appl:

fished till 6pm. beat the :skunk: with 1 dink.....
texas roboworm aron's magic.... still spilling...water temp 57-60f.
maybe fishing tomorrow from my friends boat ?

Z

FISH ON !
That's what I'm talking about Z dawg. Your tooning in to a much better style of fishing now for sure IMO. I love my standing deck, good for you man.

matt duarte
03-25-2008, 08:37 AM
looks awesome! now i have to redo mine cause its like 10lbs and not that nice lol
ya bako i know what your talking about when i first got my toon i used my fins still and i liked being able to move around and fish at the same time. with the standing deck you have to find a spot,anchor, and than fish... ill probley be using my fins some time this summer when its hot. to cold to stick my chicken legs in the water lol

bassguy
03-25-2008, 05:18 PM
ZZZZZZ....

Great job on the desk. It will give you a better view of the spawning bass on beds. You definitely have the Toonzilla riding in style.

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-26-2008, 10:14 AM
looks awesome! now i have to redo mine cause its like 10lbs and not that nice lol
ya bako i know what your talking about when i first got my toon i used my fins still and i liked being able to move around and fish at the same time. with the standing deck you have to find a spot,anchor, and than fish... ill probley be using my fins some time this summer when its hot. to cold to stick my chicken legs in the water lol

hey matt & bg thanks, wish i'd of made 1 sooner .

WTF ?

:shock: 10lbs. whats it 1/2" diamond plate ?

mine weights about 2lbs. if that . :titanic:

Z

FISH ON !

matt duarte
03-26-2008, 10:38 AM
lol 3/16 alum i thought itd be light but i was wrong lol

Ronira
03-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Hey Matt, are you sure your deck's only 3/16. When I saw it I could have sworn it was 1/2 inch easy. You could have parked my truck on that thing. Maybe I had to many?:food::rofl:

matt duarte
03-26-2008, 11:51 AM
lol no at the most its 1/4" i have no clue what i was thinking.....well proly just didnt want to fall thru the bottom and have a ll you pontubers laugh at me and write about it the next day on here lol i was playing it safe.... but now its time for a new one

Ronira
03-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Right on brodawg, :lol: that one Z made looks sweet. When we gonna go fishing man. Been a while.

matt duarte
03-26-2008, 12:26 PM
i know dude we need to get the toons gong again! perris is starting to produce the big girls! and basically all the females are prego! i cause this little slut fish had to be about at the most 1.5 and it had a belly like no other! lets go dude! you know ill have the smoke and fire!

Ronira
03-26-2008, 01:39 PM
Right on dawg, as soon as I can get a day I'll pm your bad self. Maybe the 12th of Apr. Should be out of control by then.

steve092
03-27-2008, 05:51 AM
Good work on the deck man!

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-27-2008, 08:10 AM
Good work on the deck man!

thanks, steve ...... it works better then it looks.

hey matt, get a piece of 3/16" 6061T6 diamond plate, if it holds my big ***, it should be no prob. for you. as you can see from my pics, i had to grind out some groves for the frame down tubes, i also rounded the corners and the edges all the way around and i used 2 - 1" cork tape stripes, as a spacer so the plate is not sitting right on the toon's frame.

Z

FISH ON !

Ronira
03-27-2008, 09:30 AM
thanks, steve ...... it works better then it looks.

hey matt, get a piece of 3/16" 6061T6 diamond plate, if it holds my big ***, it should be no prob. for you. as you can see from my pics, i had to grind out some groves for the frame down tubes, i also rounded the corners and the edges all the way around and i used 2 - 1" cork tape stripes, as a spacer so the plate is not sitting right on the toon's frame.

Z

FISH ON ! Really good idea to use those cork strips Z, dang your kinda smart. :cool:

matt duarte
03-27-2008, 09:46 AM
ya that is a good idea my frame is all strached and kinda dented a lil from mine..

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-27-2008, 10:25 AM
gee thanks Ron, i was waiting for some1 to notice .... :rofl: :appl:

yeah matt, the d-plate is a harder grade aluminum then your toon's frame, friction is a very bad thing !

hey you guys, i got a call from a friend, he and his buddy are fishing San Pedro tomorrow ( on yaks ), from the boat ramp at Cabrillo Beach .... I may have to finally get my toon salty.....

anyone up for some harbor action ?

hali's
calico
spotty's
etc.

Z

FISH ON !

matt duarte
03-27-2008, 11:57 AM
friday or this weekend? im down for some salt never tooned it before and ive been wanting some spotties or something...

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-27-2008, 12:06 PM
friday or this weekend? im down for some salt never tooned it before and ive been wanting some spotties or something...

hey matt, right now its looking like fri., i'll let you know if it changes.

you get my PM about the MK RT TM ?

Z

FISH ON !

matt duarte
03-28-2008, 09:46 AM
ya i got it good lookin out ill have to look into that i guess its always good to have the best of both worlds right

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-28-2008, 10:26 AM
ya i got it good lookin out ill have to look into that i guess its always good to have the best of both worlds right

yeah matt, looks like its in good condition and maybe a GREAT DEAL ?

MK-RT ............... is the only way to go !

like you said best of both worlds

I'm heading out to pedro in a few ... not sure if i'm tooning ...may just fish the jetty .. I may have a new job come the end of april, so i have to go that way and stop an talk to the bossman.

GETTTERRRRR-DONE ... at Perris tomorrow ....GL

Z

FISH ON !

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-29-2008, 09:41 AM
HEY NOW, didn't get to fish yesterday, by the time i got to the jetty area parking lot winds were blowing hard and waves breaking over the rocks, lifeguard told me a guy caught a nice legal Hali, in the morning.

Did have a few laughs at my friends expense, his 1st time on a yak, I'm watching him and his buddy paddle around, they stop and i guess they were talking .... next thing i see is my friends 2 feet sticking out of the water..... he rolled it ..... on man he had a HELL OF A TIME GETTING BACK INTO THAT YAK..... i saw the lifeguard looking his way with binoculars, he came out the his LG stand, i told him its his first time an he is learning how to get back into his yak. LG said if he drifts into the boat channel, he will have to call the LG boat an pull him out, he doesn't want anyone to get run over. well his buddy helped him get back into his yak, so no LG rescue that day. when they finally got back in, after padding against the heavy winds ..... my friend gets out of his yak ... i walk down to the water and I'm chucking ...first thing out of his mouth is .....

HEY YOU WANT TO BUY A NICE KAYAK ... CHEAP ... $100.00 :rofl:

Z

FISH ON !