PDA

View Full Version : need some advice

Fishin4Carp
05-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Looking to take my roomates daughtor out fishing very soon and i want to get her hooked up on some fish. With me going threw a devorce we have a very limited budget but we can swing some frozen bait. Where do you all recamend we go to pull on some fish?? Any advice would be great.

Fishin4Carp
05-12-2007, 11:52 PM
64 views and no help??? :?

fish4keep
05-13-2007, 07:53 AM
Here's :2cents: .........

Since you're on a low budget, bring some beach/lawn/folding chairs, sand spike rod holders, pick up a pack of frozen squid, and head down to LB. Set one or two rod for bigger fish using half or whole squid and set some for smaller fishes using squid strips. All you do now is enjoy the weather, your future wife, I mean roommates daughter, :twisted: :twisted: , and wait for the fishes to bite. For the bigger setup you might get sharks and ray while the smaller setup you might get croakers and flatties.........

ghetto dad
05-13-2007, 08:15 AM
Here's :2cents: .........

Since you're on a low budget, bring some beach/lawn/folding chairs, sand spike rod holders, pick up a pack of frozen squid, and head down to LB. Set one or two rod for bigger fish using half or whole squid and set some for smaller fishes using squid strips. All you do now is enjoy the weather, your future wife, I mean roommates daughter, :twisted: :twisted: , and wait for the fishes to bite. For the bigger setup you might get sharks and ray while the smaller setup you might get croakers and flatties.........

perfect..and lmfao at "future wife".....hey man, dont forget you both need licenses to fish on the beach...you can get around that by fishing on a PIER, no license required!!! i dont fish on piers anymore, but i am sure alot of guys here who do fish them can help you out......peace, and have fun!!

Fishin4Carp
05-13-2007, 09:12 PM
thank you all for the great advise. Its greatly apriceated.

Troutman65
05-16-2007, 04:35 PM
I am sure you need a lic. anytime you fish on any body of water. On a private lake you do not need one. That would be the only exception that I am aware of. Correct me if I am wrong

ritzy
05-16-2007, 05:14 PM
you can also try alamitos bay, ghost shrimp c-rigged, usually a great place to start out the kids. except on windy days.no lic needed.just my :2cents:

ritzy

KaliDawgFan
05-16-2007, 05:37 PM
I am sure you need a lic. anytime you fish on any body of water. On a private lake you do not need one. That would be the only exception that I am aware of. Correct me if I am wrong

Actually, you don't need a license if you fish off of a public jetty or a pier. We go to Alamitos Bay all of the time and fish off of the jetty. Lately it's been a little slow there, but we have had times where we couldn't get two poles in the water because the fish were instantly hitting the bait as soon as it hit the water. Like Ritzy said, I usually Carolina-rig it, but sometimes I drop shot it too.

DavidE
05-17-2007, 08:57 AM
You can get some ghost shrimp and fish off the piers. Seal Beach or HB are the two we go to when we just want to get out with the kids. Find a spot were you are still fishing the surf anywhere from 15 - 30 yards out from the breaking waves. You can use light tackle and you'll probably hook into BSP and a variety of croaker.

If you get there early you should still be able to get a good spot.

No license required on the pier.

Peace

Troutman65
05-17-2007, 08:00 PM
In all my years of fishing I've never heard that you can fish from the pier without a lic. I always have just bought the lic. every year. Unbeliveable.

Fishin4Carp
05-19-2007, 07:18 PM
thanks everyone gunna go try fishing next weekend. Who knows maybe ill catch one or two :)

FishyBiz
05-20-2007, 10:53 AM
Looking to take my roomates daughtor out fishing very soon and i want to get her hooked up on some fish. With me going threw a devorce we have a very limited budget but we can swing some frozen bait. Where do you all recamend we go to pull on some fish?? Any advice would be great.

Balboa Lake on a hot sunny day. Bait - earthworms. Rig - doesn't really matter. Everything will work there. Hooks - size 12 up to size 2. Line - light.

Belmont Pier. Bait - cut baits. Rig - sabiki or whatever you're comfortable with. Depth: upper to mid. Hook - size 10 to 4. Target fish - mac and dines + odd smelt here and there. Nothing big but quantity really matters when you're out with kids.

Local lakes. Fish for bluegills. Most kids don't care about the size of the fish. Hook - size 18 to 10. Line - light. Bait - small worm pieces. Rig - small bobber and light sinker.

Most young kids are not willing to wait too long for fish. If the kid's a little older, then you could go after the DFG catfish. Check DFG site for fish planting schedule.

Fishin4Carp
05-20-2007, 11:02 AM
thanks fishy.