PDA

View Full Version : Magnum Bassin': Arizona style

Ambassadorhawg
03-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Got back late last night from my yearly Arizona bassin' trip with my best bud, Jesus. I arrived late Friday afternoon and we immediately hit some local lake community ponds. The ponds were getting too much pressure and the fish were all scattered and shy. We managed a few apiece while sight fishing, though. All smallish 12" fish.

The next morning, we got up early and he took me to "secret spot" #1. We had high hopes for this place but it was really tough. I got a solid 3 pounder on the first cast of the day and then we fished very hard for almost nothing until the end when Jesus got a jig fish.

We were done with that place at about noon so we headed to "secret spot" #2 to finish out the day. And boy, that was the place to be!

We pitched jigs into impossible cover and scored some real fatties. We had about 12-15 fish between us for our efforts, all very fat and in a pre-spawn stage. Jesus got one that was at least 7 pounds. I dumped a 5+ and we each had some that were 3-4 pounds plus a few smaller males.

The last morning of the trip was spent at "secret spot" #3. It was tougher there. The water temp was 62-63 everywhere else we had been but it was only about 59.5 to 60.5 at this spot. We did manage to make a good morning of it but the magnums were strangely absent. It was mostly 12" to 2+ pound stuff for our efforts. The JC baits chatterbait was the hot ticket. I got at least 6 fish on it there. Jesus mixed it up and got a few on the jig, and a few on the chatterbait. He also got the only magnum of the trip on a swimming fluke style plastic. It went about 3.5 pounds.

That's it boys and girls, enjoy the pics...

seahonk
03-18-2008, 04:24 AM
Very nice but you should black out the background in pic 9 please lurkers are watching .

Hog Caller
03-18-2008, 04:41 PM
I thought I recognized the bush in the background on picture two...lol
Great job on the fish hunt. Looks like blast.

HC

steve092
03-27-2008, 05:49 AM
Give me a second and I'll put the GPS coordinates of the spot....

Nice goin' man!
Looks like the bait you used was the right choice!

one_leg
03-27-2008, 08:53 AM
It's always nice to have Jesus by your side.

Nice report and pics.

Thanks for the post.