PDA

View Full Version : Lil Miss' first post (Uncle Ryan taking dictation)

KaliDawgFan
05-11-2007, 08:52 PM
OK, ummmm.....No! Don't put that! (storms away)
Erase it! (storms away again)

Today my Uncle Ryan, my daddy and I went to the rocks at Seal Beach. When we got there it was windy and cold. My uncle Ryan got the first bite, but he couldn't hook it. My daddy got the second bite, but that one didn't give another tug. After that, about 30 minutes, my Uncle Ryan got another bite but again didn't quite get it. After about 10 minutes, I guess, I got a bite. We were using ghost fish...I mean ghost shrimp. I ran to set the hook and it was fighting like a monster. It turned out to be a 13 oz halibut. It was my first halibut I ever caught. After that it got really windy so we all went behind some rocks so that the rocks would block the wind. I was so cold that I had to turn my sweater backwards and use my hood to warm my face. After a couple minutes we went home.

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/CelesteHalibut.jpg

EricU
05-11-2007, 09:02 PM
Great job Uncle. Great dictation, it really sounded like a young lady speaking/typing.

Yeah, a little chilly until the sun finally broke, huh?

Any hali is a nice hali even if it is short...more to come?

Thank you for the report and pic!

one_leg
05-11-2007, 09:05 PM
So I guess we're not fishing SARL tonight then? lol

Congrats on the Halibut Celeste!

I fished for an hour today por nada.

C/YA later.

One_Leg

bullets_full
05-11-2007, 09:29 PM
I couldn't be more proud of you Celeste. You hooked and fought that hali like a pro. Who's your teacher, he much be one great fisherman!

So I guess we're not fishing SARL tonight then? lol

It just wasn't in the stars for tonight bro. We still have tons of trout and catfish in the freezer. I do however have 4 buckets of GS left over from today's trip so maybe salt again sometime this weekend.

ghetto dad
05-11-2007, 10:51 PM
GOOD JOB CELESTE!!!! way to go!!!

Santa Fe Eric
05-12-2007, 12:38 AM
Rock On, Celeste!

Great report! I think that you will eventually become a Pro-Fisherwoman! And as Forrest Gump Said, "Be more famousser than Captain Kangaroo!"
:thumb:

Eric

Fisherman57
05-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Congratulations Celeste!

I remember when you caught that BIG carp at SARL............. and now a halibut!.......... WOW!

You're gonna be one great fishergirl!........... wait, you already ARE a great fishergirl!

Just remember, you don't have to let dad (BulletsFull) pose with your fish if ya don't want to! :lol:

KaliDawgFan
05-12-2007, 08:01 AM
Just remember, you don't have to let dad (BulletsFull) pose with your fish if ya don't want to! :lol:

Actually, that was me. I was holding the halibut so it would face the camera. The wind kept blowing it around in circles.

Fisherman57
05-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Actually, that was me.

Yeah, I know............. I was just givin' Greg a hard time!...LOL! :lol:

SwisherFisher
05-12-2007, 01:15 PM
YO FULL BULLETS<<<<
HOW U CATCH GHOST SHRIMP?????????????????????????????????????????
& HOW U RIG EM?????? carolina???

bullets_full
05-12-2007, 02:18 PM
HOW U CATCH GHOST SHRIMP?????????????????????????????????????????
& HOW U RIG EM?????? carolina???

Either with a gs pump at supper low tide or buy them from the bait shop&#46; Yes, I rig them carolina&#46;

Troutman65
05-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Congrats on your first Halibut !!!!! Fish On !!

CatchthatTrout
05-12-2007, 06:31 PM
Congratulations on the Hali Celeste &#58;thumb&#58;

Now ask for a tube for your birthday so you can float with me and help me catch MY FIRST Hali&#46; &#58;(

SwisherFisher
05-12-2007, 09:38 PM
thanks man,,,,what areas is good to pump shrimp around seal/long beach?????
i plan on usin them in los al bay

bullets_full
05-13-2007, 07:36 AM
thanks man,,,,what areas is good to pump shrimp around seal/long beach?????
i plan on usin them in los al bay

Mother's beach is a really good spot&#46;