PDA

View Full Version : Malibu Pier Sportfishing

Matador1238
03-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Anyone knows if the Aquarius is running trips? I called the number but its just a message.....cant talk to any live person. It was saying the boat would be back in March.

Airborn805
03-17-2008, 10:35 PM
Saw the Aquirus in the boat yard in ventura harbor. It still looked like it was under construction

Matador1238
03-18-2008, 11:49 AM
I cant wait til it comes back.....Thanks man!

Oz
03-18-2008, 11:53 AM
i called and left a message with them last week but of course no one likes to return calls there :roll::lol:

i hope they get back up and running soon being its only like 20 minutes or so from me. used to go off that boat when it first came back online. a year or so ago. it was called the scorpio too they just changed the name to the aquarius :lol:

tpfishnfool
03-19-2008, 09:13 AM
That boat blows! It would be great if they got a good boat and crew for that area.
The crew was weak at best and it was a dead head boat from the start.. Plus no live bait..

Matador1238
03-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Their whole operation was not very organized. Yeah, the deckhands were a little weak but the Captain was cool. He was always on the move to get us on fish. They did have live bait once in awhile. I hope it comes back though since thats the closest 3/4 boat from where i live besides Betty'O from MDR. I promise myself I will never get on Betty'O ever again.

cappo
03-19-2008, 12:14 PM
That whole operation was terrible. Plus the captain tolerates the behavior of his deckhands. They used to toss bait and sinkers at kayakers that fished in "their" territory. I believe they got the sherrif involved after a few incidents.

Oz
03-20-2008, 01:21 AM
that boat was good until tim took over running the boat...the owner of the boat was on point and the crew was cool. to bad he gave it over to a fool. hopefully they come back soon with a better operation...and for the record they did have live bait..dunno tpfishnfool if u was on the boat the last few months b4 they got shut down but they did have a bait hold made with 2 holds. they got there bait from marina del rey baits.

Matador1238
03-20-2008, 12:20 PM
I thought Tim was a cool captain. He tried hard to get us on fish. His son was one of the deckhands.
As for live bait...they did have it but not everyday.

mickeysindahouse
03-24-2008, 05:21 PM
I was there this weekend with the family for some beach fun. Spoke to the Parking Lot Attendant and he claims that they are scheduled to return during the Summer. Few weeks before that, he claimed was possible.

I had a few dislikes about how they ran their operation. But heck, you really can't beat the proximity of the landing compared to others in the area. Living in LA, I really liked having them in Malibu.

My son's been bugging me cuz he wants to win Jackpot again, he says. The last time I took him out on the Aquarius he had an awesome day with 3 huge reds, one which won Jackpot, and a grab bag of other species.

I may give them a try if they return during the summer.

Oz
04-04-2008, 09:11 PM
they will be back b4 summer. in 3-4 weeks. i got a call from rick the owner. the boat was in dry dock all this time for maintanence.

Matador1238
04-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Really....I heard it would cost too much money to fix the Aquarius. They might bring in another boat.

Oz
04-16-2008, 01:55 AM
nope it was just in dry dock and will be back shortly.