PDA

View Full Version : las vegas

pasadenafishin
03-13-2008, 08:27 PM
im going out to las vegas. does anyone know of ANY fishing near their. fishing for anything, bass trout crappie.

Ambassadorhawg
03-13-2008, 08:52 PM
YES! Lake Mead! Stripers, LMB, SMB, Channel Cats, Bullhead Cats, Carp, Bluegill, Green Sunfish and other stuff, too!

I will be there at the end of May for our annual houseboat trip.

sansou
03-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Vegas has a City Lake program where they stock trout if desperation sets in....

WARRIORMIKE
03-14-2008, 02:35 AM
im going out to las vegas. does anyone know of ANY fishing near their. fishing for anything, bass trout crappie.

ditch mead and go to willow beach. They have huge trout there and big stripers too. Its easy to get there too. Take the main highway that goes through Boulder City. Its the same highway you take going to Hoover Dam. Follow down until you reach Mile Marker 14. Make that right and follow it down.They have a hatchery there and big fish there too. You will need a good setup cause you'll have to make a long cast to reach the river.

Another ok spot is in Henderson called Sunset Park. It has trout this time of year. Its been a while since I've been there, I just remember it being by the airport. If you drive just farther north on 15 fwy going into Utah, get off of the freeway and go to the road into Hurricane City. The lake is called Quail Lake, also Gunlock is good to, only bout an hour and a half out of Vegas.

BTY make sure you get your outta state license too. The rangers are on it over in Vegas and especially in Utah. Yes it will be a little more put get it anyways. If you decde to fish Willow beach, which I would definitly check out, you have to have a AZ and Nv stamp cause you'll be actually fishing on the AZ side.

If you do decide to fish Mead, go to Hemingway Cove and fish there. they stock that cove and a few others with trout. They stock it every other Friday, religously. take your swimbait rod and go get a big *** striper too!

ThemBastards
03-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Or just enjoy Vegas, and fish when you get home. Duh

BIGRED KILLA
03-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Fish for those Big strippers at lake mead hit the boils top water plugs and swim baits or troll the rigges get those big Strippers up there go down hear for trout.

Bigred

Headhunter
03-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Sunset Park sucks for fishing.

There is a place called Floyd Lamb State Park that has several small lakes that have catfish, trout, and LMB. It's really the best fishing within a few miles of Vegas, other than Mead. It's only about 25 minutes from the strip.....search on this board, I think I've made a couple of posts about it......

Headhunter
03-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Ok, here is one of my older posts about it:

Yes, there are several places in Las Vegas where you can fish. And there ARE fish in Lake Las Vegas, but it is essentially a private lake. You have to be a guest at one of the hotels there, or you can hire a guide and go out on the lake with him. It's a beautiful place. And the fishing really is good, considering that it has only been around a few years. But try and fish from shore without being guest, and they will be ON you.

There are a couple of other lakes in the Vegas area (other than Mead), but the only one really worth considering IN town are the small lakes at Floyd Lamb State Park. It's a complex of several small lakes, large ponds, to be more precise, but the fishing there is pretty good. They stock trout there in the winter, catfish in the summer, and there are always Bass in there. Almost every time I go to Vegas for business or a trade show, I always manage to get away to Floyd Lamb for a little while.

I like it better than Mead for a quick fishing fix, because it's close, and it's easy to fish. You can park within a few steps of the lake, and it's a nice atmosphere....trees, grass, and a lot of old-timers that have been going there for YEARS are usually sitting around gabbing. They're a nice bunch, and they can tell you tales of the "old " vegas.

Google it, and you'll find easy directions to it....I've been there so many times, I just know right where to go, and I can't remember the names of the off-ramps, streets, etc.! :lol: Maybe JoMama can give you a hand.

At any rate, it's about 20-25 minutes north of Vegas, off of the 93 (I think...)

Go there, kick back, and relax.....you'll find it to be a pleasant surprise right in the middle of a desert!

ghetto dad
03-28-2008, 09:07 PM
while we are on the topic....whats it cost for a non-resident license out there for a day...anyone know??

GD

sansou
03-28-2008, 09:43 PM
while we are on the topic....whats it cost for a non-resident license out there for a day...anyone know??

GD

A little less than a green chip.

ThemBastards
03-29-2008, 08:25 AM
Ok I was wrong go ahead and fish in Vegas..... cause I am. Our company goes on a trip every year with hotels, transportation, meals, all paid for and a lil spending money too. Well they all know that I am an avid wanna be fisherman so all four of the possible locations this year are on a lake, including 3 on lake las vegas. They love me. Im stoked.

pyronut
03-29-2008, 08:37 AM
Hey there guys,

A one day non-resident license is $18.00 and $7.00 each day after that but you have to buy all your days at the same time. Also if you plan on fishing off a boat you need a $3.00 Arizona boat stamp. As to the fishing in the city park lakes dont waste your time unless you fish on the day they stock. The bird here have taken over the ponds and eat the fish as fast as they are put in. The Trout plants at Lake Mead will be ending here really soon with the water warming up and they stock every Friday at Hemmenway harbor, and two spots in Saddle Cove. Fishing from shore on the lake has been really slow lately so my suggestion is to hire a guide or rent a boat from Las Vegas Boat Harbor. Hit me up when you are headed over and if I am in town I wouldn't mind taking you out.

Hope you all have a great time here...

Pyronut

calico killer kevin
04-22-2008, 11:01 PM
Fish for those Big strippers at lake mead hit the boils top water plugs and swim baits or troll the rigges get those big Strippers up there go down hear for trout.

Bigred

Screw that! If you're looking for big strippers head over to Larry Flint's in GG.

~larissa
04-23-2008, 08:34 AM
Screw that! If you're looking for big strippers head over to Larry Flint's in GG.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: what he said

MAN VS WILD
06-26-2008, 01:46 AM
Sunset Park a good place to play Disc Golf.

RedKnight
06-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Sunset Park a good place to play Disc Golf.

Sunset Park is a good place to get shot....pick up an "exotic dancer or entertainer"..or mugged too. No disrespect to fans of Sunset Park......but I would stay he hell away if you have any common sense. Don't waste your time trying to fish the place.