PDA

View Full Version : Surf or Pier fishing in the Chula Vista area

INDOANGLER2
03-10-2008, 08:31 PM
I haven't been pier or surf fishing in many years. I am going down to the Chula Vista area and be staying in the Chual Vista RV resort. Does anyone know if the surf or pier fishing in the area is any good? Any tips are appreciated.

sansou
03-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Don't go out alone at late night. Lot of losers out there.

As for fishing, can't help you much, I haven't fished the piers / launches south of S.D. (downtown) in years. I would imagine it's no different than anywhere else at this time of the year. Not much going on....

kongfish
03-11-2008, 02:26 AM
www.sdfish.com. lots of local info,
this may help. Also you could call some local shops like squidco , sorry I don't have the number. Have a great time ,great bendo to you.

INDOANGLER2
03-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Sansou - Thanks for the warning, I know CV is not the greatest area but the RV resort looks like a nice place.They have their own fishing pier.

Kongfish - Thanks for the info as well.

atfish
03-12-2008, 02:07 PM
Thats where i do most of my surf fishing. I.B is good. On the pier right pass the surf, farther south at the estuary and either side of the two rock jetties north of the pier. Where this RV resort, Silver Strand? Cracks always good, MORF or live mussels. Cox bait and tackle on palm has bait and info...