PDA

View Full Version : Persistent Pescadores Pester Plentiful Perch

City Dad
03-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Couldn't get on the board last night so, here's my late report:

Man, was it windy out at Zuma Sunday. If I hadn’t such a deep and profoundly loving relationship with carne asada I dare say I would have been in danger of being blown away.
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/timmeinhart/CIMG2218.jpg

Fortunately, the perch were in a rather gluttonous mood themselves.
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/timmeinhart/CIMG2214.jpg

Got ‘em on a ½” oz. Carolina rig w/Crack. I began with 3/8 oz set-up – the surf wasn’t too big but the wind was just too much. At one point it really kicked up and the whole beach was suddenly socked in. Down the beach I watched a pair of anglers in shorts decide they’d seen enough and pack it in. I walked down to the hole they were near and picked up this one

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/timmeinhart/CIMG2216.jpg

The bite remained pretty steady on nine-inchers. I saw one other fisherman crazy enough to fish through that wind and of course, I knew who it was.
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb225/timmeinhart/CIMG2219.jpg

Found Wingnut up to his usual tricks.

Fished for a while watching Wingster catch fish. Then I worked my way back and picked off a few more.

Then I went home and made asada.

tacklejunkie
03-10-2008, 10:23 AM
Couldn't get on the board last night so, here's my late report:

Man, was it windy out at Zuma Sunday. If I hadn’t such a deep and profoundly loving relationship with carne asada I dare say I would have been in danger of being blown away.

LOL! Good stuff right there.
Nice perch man! 14.5"er :shock::thumb: He dwarfs the GCSW hanging from his lip!

Fisherman57
03-10-2008, 10:33 AM
VERY nice BSP!... congrats!

Is that a Lufkin Dritz Heavy Duty aluminum 45 foot measuring tape CD?..... :p
J/K! LOL!

City Dad
03-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Nice perch man! 14.5"er :shock::thumb: He dwarfs the GCSW hanging from his lip!

I'm thinking that was a mamma perch. You can't tell from the picture but she was thick.

City Dad
03-10-2008, 10:41 AM
VERY nice BSP!... congrats!

Is that a Lufkin Dritz Heavy Duty aluminum 45 foot measuring tape CD?..... :p
J/K! LOL!

LOL. My wife is a costumer... I raided her set bag. The last thing that tape measured was an actresses inseam.

Fisherman57
03-10-2008, 10:45 AM
LOL. My wife is a costumer... I raided her set bag. The last thing that tape measured was an actresses inseam.

Good call!

FISH_HUNTER
03-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Good Looking Size On Those Bsp Cd.
Btw Do You Eat Any Of Them?

sansou
03-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Very nice!

Your becoming a regular surf-fisherman lately....what gives? The tilapia population at Balboa does not regulate itself ya know.

Wingnut
03-10-2008, 12:36 PM
Well done CD, I was hoping that it wasn't so windy so you can give me that surf fly fishing lesson... next time. ;)
Well done once again on the BIG Perches! :mrgreen:

City Dad
03-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Good Looking Size On Those Bsp Cd.
Btw Do You Eat Any Of Them?

naw, I assume they're pregnant and turn 'em loose.. Also, my family complains about the smell of fried fish stinking up the house.

I've kept and eaten them while camping up near SB though.

City Dad
03-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Very nice!

Your becoming a regular surf-fisherman lately....what gives? The tilapia population at Balboa does not regulate itself ya know.

Oh, make no mistake, I cherish those olive-drab colored waters above all else... but everyonce in a while I like to hear my drag scream... just for variety's sake you understand.

Well done CD, I was hoping that it wasn't so windy so you can give me that surf fly fishing lesson... next time. ;)
Well done once again on the BIG Perches! :mrgreen:

Any time you're ready, WN, I'll be happy to provide you with the world's best example of a bad example. I've developed advanced techniques for fly line tangleing that make can make grown men cry...

boxl0bster
03-10-2008, 03:39 PM
nice cd! those are the largest bsps ive seen anyone on the forum catch! way to go!

FishNFurious
03-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Damn, thoze are some PIGS! :shock:
Nice!