PDA

View Full Version : 72nd Sun. Smelt Again!!!!

PUDD MASTER BAITER
03-10-2008, 09:23 AM
Started Our Normall Sun Am.at Big Fish At 5.15am. Got To 72nd At 5.45am .fished By The Life Gaurd Station Till We Could See. Parked In Our Normall Spot . Drop Shotted For Nada On The Beach Side, And Channel Side. No Love ,till About 10am. I Get Slammed On The Trix Minnow ,and Bring Up Our First Fish Of The Day. It Was A Fisty Smelt About 16". The Bite Went On For 3hrs Straight Till We Ran Out Of Ghosties. I Switched To My Ultra Light Noodle Rod To Have More Fun Catching Those Large Smelt, With 4lb Leader, When All Of A Sudden My Drag Starts Screaming. It Was A 14" Corvina And What A Terrific Fight They Put Up. All, And All, It Was A Perfect Day To Be On The Jetty. Peace Out Mike The Pmb.....

tacklejunkie
03-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Nice work out there Mike! You were right about those little flashtrix minnows man! Even the little ones will find the hali's on a small C-rig as Newbiefisher proved yesterday.

I'll have to give 72nd another shot one of these days. We missed you by a just a few miles out there on Sunday. I thought about going to big fish for some bait but decided to brave it out with what we brought.

Wingnut
03-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Sounds like a good day Mike. One of these days I'll make trek back to the OC and fish there with ya. ;) :mrgreen: