PDA

View Full Version : Got BUTT? My Perfect Weekend!

Wingnut
03-10-2008, 06:48 AM
This has been pretty much a perfect weekend for me. First I win second place at my home game poker tournament Saturday night $Cha-Ching!$. :banana:Then followed it up with a great surf fishing outing on Sunday. So I'm going to share my near perfect weekend with anybody who care to read this long report. Life is good... enjoy. 8-)

Playing cards all night Saturday and winning some discretionary cash with thirty of my closest friends & family members gave me the extra energy boost to hit the surf Sunday morning. Met a couple of FNN members, Brian_GSC and City Dad out in the North Zuma surf in the early AM. It was a bit windy, but the water condition was clear and salad free. Fished the incoming tide with low to moderate ideal surf conditions. I went to the Fred Hall show on Wednesday with Dana (Fisherman57) and we attended a surf fishing seminar hosted by Bill Varney, a renowned surf fishing instructor. So I was eager to apply a couple of things that I picked up from the class.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture032-3.jpg

Looking at the near perfect conditions in front of me I had to make a choice. What lure should I throw first this morning... decisions... decisions. I had a 5/8 green mackerel Krocodile in my hand but put it back and grabbed the LC instead at the last second. The LC Flash Minnow 110 Zebra Sardine sailed through the air and landed behind the incoming set of surf and the hunt was on.

Today was going to be a great day. One of my best days in the surf. I worked the LC at different speeds to get the feel of the incoming & outgoing current. A very strong incoming surge and equally strong outgoing rip current. Automatically tells me that a slow steady retrieve was in order. Caught a couple of BSPs in the first ten or fifteen minutes to get the adrenaline going and then... thump, thump... I found what we really came here for.

My first of FOUR "Flat Boys" for the day. This one is a 14 inch shorty.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture023-4.jpg

Kept working the shoreline looking for structures and got another shorty to commit to the LC.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Picture002-2.jpg

I was getting Perch taps left & right and once in awhile, a sharp, vicious swipe that can only be from something more sinister. This is the results from one of those mean strikes. Yellow Fin Croaker, one of two for the day.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture026-3.jpg

The LC was HOT today. I made the right decision to go to it first this morning. I handed Brian one to throw so he can join in on the action. My third shorty came in at 16 inches. I kept running over to Brian for a quick pic snapshot and putting these guys back in the water as fast as I could.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture022-5.jpg

I actually saw this YFC chase the LC in the crest of the wave and took a swipe at it. Pretty exciting... good for the ol' cardiovascular system.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture024-4.jpg

Then the highlight of the day. As I was working the shoreline, I came up on an area of "funny water", where turbulence from the shifting currents causes a swirling effect in the bottom structure of the sand. My first thought was "Halibut ambush point". Halibuts are ambush predators, they love to lie and wait in these areas for the swirling currents to knock an unsuspecting and disoriented baitfish into their waiting jaws. On my second cast into the area, as I felt the LC wiggle in neutral, caught in the turbulence... something wicked this way comes... :twisted: A legal Hali joined the party. This is what we were looking for, these bad boys fight to the very end, they battle until the last wave washes them up on the sand.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture028-3.jpg

23 inches. I was planning to keep my next legal Hali, but something in the way those weird eyes were looking at me seems to say, "Please spare me Slayer..." I look at Brian & we both said... “Let it go.” Maybe the Fish Gods will be kind to me somewhere down the line. ;)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture027-3.jpg

It was about 10:30 and Brian had to leave. Going back home to his wife and their newborn TRIPLETS. He earned his pass to get out and fish today, the first time in months. Brian, it was great fishing with you today and I hope to see back out here in the surf or on the lake again soon.
Take care of those precious babies.

Wingnut and Brian_GSC
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture033-2.jpg

I continue to fish with City Dad for about another hour. We were just tearing them up with the Gulp CSW. We must have caught a couple dozen hand sized WSP & BSPs in just a short period of time. I found a little hole where I was pulling them out on every cast. At one time, I counted seven casts... seven Perches. No matter what species you choose to target in the surf, catching Perch never gets old.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture042-1.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture040-1.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture039-1.jpg

City Dad got himself another couple of brute Perch slabs again. One was 12 inches and another at 14 inches :shock:. Hey Tim, if you keep getting your PB every time that you go out... soon you're going to have a world record on your hand.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture043-1.jpg

I decided to head home around noon just as a fog bank started to roll in. Kinda strange, one moment crystal clear, and then ten minutes later... foggy, really creepy.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture037-1.jpg

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture036-2.jpg

What a fun day, a perfect way to cap off my great weekend! Until next time, bent rods to all!

I want to say hello to Jonathan, a young man that I met at the Fred Hall show on Wednesday. I told him that the next time I catch a Halibut I would mention him and his father in my report. Jonathan is ten years old, loves to go fishing with his dad and enjoy reading all the reports on FNN. :D

Arthur (Wingnut) :mrgreen:

"The best way to make all your dreams come true... is to wake up."

Oh yeah!!! More cash to feed my fishing tackle addiction! :lol:
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture020-5.jpg

gavin310
03-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Great report!! Nice catches!

Btw, I love how your gold necklace is glowing in the money pic :)

Bluefinsearcher
03-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Grats on both $$ and $$ fishing!

tacklejunkie
03-10-2008, 09:32 AM
Very nice Wingnut! I'm itching for hali on the LC in the surf!
Cash, nice fishes and good company! Looks like a killer day out there dude. Thanks for the pics and report!

sansou
03-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Excellent report!

Congrats on the poker score and the nice looking halibut!

You're on fire these days......I'm taking you fishing with me when I go to the Sierras with hopes you will bring me luck!

See you around,

sansou

one_leg
03-10-2008, 10:02 AM
Another great report by Wingnut.

Thanks dude.

O_L

City Dad
03-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Dang, I gotta get in on the croaker and flattie action. Maybe next time I'll start at your end of the beach.;)

It really was an epic day. I got a bit creeped out by the wind and fog too.

After I left you I saw a sea lion surfing a wave the way dolphins do. I'd never seen that before. I also noticed more crab remains and more birds working the sand, though I've yet to see any live ones down there this season.

tacklejunkie
03-10-2008, 10:32 AM
I also noticed more crab remains and more birds working the sand, though I've yet to see any live ones down there this season.

Last trip up to that area I brought in a 1/4" sand crab on the treble of my live jig. I think they're getting close! He was live and kicken. I was busy with the lure or I'd have tossed it out as bait..

Theedanimal
03-10-2008, 10:57 AM
Great weekend.. nice report.

The best part of that poker picture is the looks on the other 2 peoples face in the picture. They are hating you right about then... haha.

Fisherman57
03-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Multi species day!...... awesome Arthur!

Thos YFC's are niced sized!...... and congrats on the flatties..... always nice to C&R a few shorts!...

Im headed out this week, gimme a call and we'll give some of Bill's lures a workout!

Great to see Brian & Tim out there!..... we gotta get Brian down here more often!...... or we're headed your way Brian!

FISH_HUNTER
03-10-2008, 12:14 PM
HA HA THE LOOK ON THE FACES OF YOUR RELATIVES SAY IT ALL:rofl::rofl:

GREAT GOING WINGNUT!!!!:appl:

THEY (FISH GODS) WILL REWARD YOU FOR LETTING THOSE 4 BUTTS

TO LIVE. MARK MY WORDS...BUT YOU AREADY KNOW THAT. :wink:

Brian_GSC
03-10-2008, 12:46 PM
I was planning to keep my next legal Hali, but something in the way those weird eyes were looking at me seems to say, "Please spare me Slayer..." I look at Brian & we both said... “Let it go.” Maybe the Fish Gods will be kind to me somewhere down the line. ;)
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture027-3.jpg

It was about 10:30 and Brian had to leave. Going back home to his wife and their newborn TRIPLETS. He earned his pass to get out and fish today, the first time in months. Brian, it was great fishing with you today and I hope to see back out here in the surf or on the lake again soon.
Take care of those precious babies.

Wingnut and Brian_GSC
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture033-2.jpg

Arthur, it was good meeting you. I had a good time.

The fish gods have been looking favorably on you for some time now dude!! :) Then you go out there and release a legal flattie! The gods are definitely going to reward you again VERY soon!!! Way to go on a great day! Maybe next time we will target them in a shark-donut err float tube!

Great to see Brian & Tim out there!..... we gotta get Brian down here more often!...... or we're headed your way Brian!
Man. It was AWESOME to get out of the house. The salt air helped get that phantom diaper smell out of my nose! :p I am looking forward to next time. Maybe you guys can come kidnap me or something! ;)

blackwater
03-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Sorry I couldn't come out there with you Art, the business needed some catching up. :evil: Nice job out there AGAIN, they're right, the Fish Gods are already kind to you. ;)

$2500.00 bucks for second place is a nice little bonus buddy. But how could you let a GIRL beat you out of first place!?! I shouldn't talk though, I donated my $250 buy-in and didn't even make the final table. :lol:

BW

BBL2Baja
03-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Arthur, you know how to live!!!

Nice weekend! Winning money and taking trophy shots on the beach!

Great job!

Later,
Scott

calico killer kevin
03-10-2008, 04:05 PM
DUDE! You left your Steez on the sand! :cry:
Nice halis and 25 bills by the way.

Calico Killer Kevin

FishNFurious
03-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Damn Arthur, only you would use a Steez outfit to fish for Perch!

See, I joined the site like you asked, now you have to keep your promise and show me ALL your Halibut spots!!! :twisted: ;)

Heard that there were some hotties at your poker party (did Tina drop by?):lol: , POST SOME MORE PICS PLEASE! HA HA HA :lol: 8-)
I heard from Blazer that it was a rocking party and Vanni won first and $4000 bucks! We'll be seeing her at the mall soon I'm sure. You got second? LOSSSSERRRRR! :rofl:

Native Gal
03-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Two thumbs up for a fabulous weekend.
Cha-ching, Cha-ching.
Great report WN.
Great pixs.

NG

DiskoCrisco
03-10-2008, 06:20 PM
Congrats all around. Great post yet again. I'm curious to know what you learned from Varney, I wasn't able to make it to his seminar which was a the only dissapointment to an otherwise great trip to FH.

newbefisher
03-10-2008, 06:47 PM
Damn man, now that was a nice weekend! :thumb:

Santa Fe Eric
03-10-2008, 07:19 PM
That was an awesome weekend!
Dude, di you lay your Steez down in the sand for a picture with a fish?
It's a good thing you won big money, I get nervous putting my Storm reels down on the sand.
LOL! Good job!

Eric

kpn
03-10-2008, 08:40 PM
That's a nice weekend alright. You did it again bud.
Congrats.

KPN.

bullets_full
03-10-2008, 08:43 PM
spot me about $980 and I'll show you how it's done....lol. Nice job bro!

atomiie
03-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Great report. Congratulations on the beutiful fish. :D

CAPT'N
03-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Arthur--another amazing weekend of fishing !!

If the fish gods are any nicer to you--you will be catching legal flatties out of the swimming pool !

SS:rolleyes:

Wingnut
03-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Gavin310 wrote: Great report!! Nice catches!
Btw, I love how your gold necklace is glowing in the money pic.
Thanks Gavin, bummer that you didn't have much luck at Pt. Mugu and dealing with all that wind. But at least you got a nice BSP out of it. :D

Bluefinsearcher wrote: Grats on both $$ and $$ fishing!
It was quite nice indeed, good times!

Tacklejunkie wrote: Very nice Wingnut! I'm itching for hali on the LC in the surf! Cash, nice fishes and good company! Looks like a killer day out there dude. Thanks for the pics and report!
You'll get that big Hali soon TJ. Congrats on your PB YFC. :cool:

Sansou wrote:
Excellent report!
Congrats on the poker score and the nice looking halibut!
You're on fire these days......I'm taking you fishing with me when I go to the Sierras with hopes you will bring me luck!
See you around,
sansou
Thanks Rich, not sure if I can go the the Sierra event yet. But if I do, you'll be the first to know!

One_Leg wrote:Another great report by Wingnut.
Thanks dude.
:cool:

City Dad wrote: Dang, I gotta get in on the croaker and flattie action. Maybe next time I'll start at your end of the beach.:wink:
It really was an epic day. I got a bit creeped out by the wind and fog too.
After I left you I saw a sea lion surfing a wave the way dolphins do. I'd never seen that before. I also noticed more crab remains and more birds working the sand, though I've yet to see any live ones down there this season.
C.D., There are two gates North of where you entered that takes you right down to the beach. Nice seeing you out there again.

Theedanimal wrote: Great weekend.. nice report.
The best part of that poker picture is the looks on the other 2 peoples face in the picture. They are hating you right about then... haha.
That pic was taken after the tournament was over & we were playing a cash game. Added a few more bills to my winnings... ha ha.

Fisherman57 wrote: Multi species day!...... awesome Arthur!
Those YFC's are niced sized!...... and congrats on the flatties..... always nice to C&R a few shorts!...
Im headed out this week, gimme a call and we'll give some of Bill's lures a workout!
Hey, shorts are fine with me, they're fun to catch too. Good luck tomorrow Dana, call me when you get home. Tim didn't even pull his fly rod out of the car because of the strong wind. Brian was like a school kid set free after a week of detention. He was so happy to be out there smelling the fresh air instead of dirty diapers. :mrgreen:

Fish Hunter wrote: HA HA THE LOOK ON THE FACES OF YOUR RELATIVES SAY IT ALL. GREAT GOING WINGNUT!!!!
THEY (FISH GODS) WILL REWARD YOU FOR LETTING THOSE 4 BUTTS
TO LIVE. MARK MY WORDS...BUT YOU AREADY KNOW THAT.
Maybe the Fish Gods will add up all the short inches that I released and bless me with a HUGE Hali!

Brian GSC wrote: Arthur, it was good meeting you. I had a good time.
The fish gods have been looking favorably on you for some time now dude!! :smile: Then you go out there and release a legal flattie! The gods are definitely going to reward you again VERY soon!!! Way to go on a great day! Maybe next time we will target them in a shark-donut err float tube!
Man. It was AWESOME to get out of the house. The salt air helped get that phantom diaper smell out of my nose! :p I am looking forward to next time. Maybe you guys can come kidnap me or something!
I know you have much more important priorities right now buddy. You got my digits, just give me a call whenever you can get another fishing pass. ;)

Blackwater wrote: Sorry I couldn't come out there with you Art, the business needed some catching up. :evil: Nice job out there AGAIN, they're right, the Fish Gods are already kind to you. :wink:
$2500.00 bucks for second place is a nice little bonus buddy. But how could you let a GIRL beat you out of first place!?! I shouldn't talk though, I donated my $250 buy-in and didn't even make the final table.
No worries Phuong, business first, then play. They'll be waiting for you when you're ready to come back out.
Yes, Vanni was red hot, she was killing me heads-up. That girl can flat out play. I hope she wins our qualifier and represents us in this year's WSOP. Oh yeah, thanks for your donation to the cause! :twisted:

BBL2Baja wrote: Arthur, you know how to live!!!
Nice weekend! Winning money and taking trophy shots on the beach!
Great job!
It was almost a perfect weekend. I'm only saying almost because I didn't win first place, but hey, it's ALL good!

Calico Killer Kevin wrote: DUDE! You left your Steez on the sand!
Nice halis and 25 bills by the way.
I have such a bad habit of doing that... racks up on the service & maintenance fees. But oh well... it's only material goods.

FishNFurious wrote: Damn Arthur, only you would use a Steez outfit to fish for Perch!
See, I joined the site like you asked, now you have to keep your promise and show me ALL your Halibut spots!!!
Heard that there were some hotties at your poker party (did Tina drop by?), POST SOME MORE PICS PLEASE! HA HA HA
I heard from Blazer that it was a rocking party and Vanni won first and $4000 bucks! We'll be seeing her at the mall soon I'm sure. You got second? LOSSSSERRRRR!
Vincent, you bastard! What, who says I can't hunt rabbits with a Bazooka? You already know half of my spots you lurker!
The party was great, where were you?!? Yes, the babes were thick but don't even think about trolling in my pond buddy. :twisted: Yes, I'm sure Vanni is already out there spending her winnings. That's a lot of shoes that she can buy. :lol: As for the "loser" remark, you forget, I've played with you buddy and your poker skills is as bad as your fish slaying skills... As a matter of fact, isn't your nickname at the table "Fish". :rofl:

Mleegal wrote: Two thumbs up for a fabulous weekend.
Cha-ching, Cha-ching.
Great report WN.
Great pixs.
Thanks NG, I certainly can get used to more weekends like this one.

DiscoCrisco wrote: Congrats all around. Great post yet again. I'm curious to know what you learned from Varney, I wasn't able to make it to his seminar which was a the only dissapointment to an otherwise great trip to FH.
Bill is a very knowledgeable guy, Dana (Fisherman57) sent me a copy of his book when I first started surf fishing and it really helped me a lot. There were a few things that I picked up from his seminar. But one of the things was that he confirmed what I already suspected to be true about surf fishing. Most of the fish that you target is only within 10 to 60 feet from the shore. Most surf fishermen casts too far out and only get hits as they bring their offerings closer to the shore. ;)

Newbefisher wrote: Damn man, now that was a nice weekend!
Damn straight it was! :mrgreen:

Santa Fe Eric wrote: That was an awesome weekend!
Dude, did you lay your Steez down in the sand for a picture with a fish?
It's a good thing you won big money, I get nervous putting my Storm reels down on the sand.
LOL! Good job!
I'm really bad with my gear. You don't know how many times I drop them in the drink or throw them on the sand to grab a fish or whatever. It freaks some people out when they fish with me and see me do that. I guess I get too excited sometimes. :lol:

KPN wrote: That's a nice weekend alright. You did it again bud.
Congrats.
Thanks Khanh. Hey, have you used one of your custom made lures in the surf yet? Do you have one that mimics a Grunion pattern?

Bullets Full wrote: spot me about $980 and I'll show you how it's done....lol. Nice job bro!
Ha Ha, you are NOT welcome at my poker parties... I heard what a "Card Shark" you are! Just kidding man, maybe you should come in next year & join our private WSOP qualifier tournament. :cool:

Atomiie wrote: Great report. Congratulations on the beautiful fish.
Thank you, I do love catching those Flat Boys.

CAPT'N wrote:Arthur--another amazing weekend of fishing !!
If the fish gods are any nicer to you--you will be catching legal flatties out of the swimming pool!
Thanks Scott, I am luckier than most... no complaints at all.

Okay, here's some more pics of the poker party. Sorry, only G rated shots only! ;)

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture011-10.jpg

The Blue table.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture016-6.jpg

The Red table.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture014-8.jpg

The Green table.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture010-11.jpg

Vanni, the big winner! Kicked my butt. :mad:
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture013-10.jpg

Mike the Surf Master (Kichigai1) Cleaning up at the "Other" table.
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r135/Wingnut32566/Wingnut2/Picture006-13.jpg

BIGRED KILLA
03-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Nice job out there once again Wingnut i think you should consider beach guiding you will make bank i like the money shot keep it up for 2008.

Bigred

FishNFurious
03-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Vincent, you bastard! What, who says I can't hunt rabbits with a Bazooka? You already know half of my spots you lurker!
The party was great, where were you?!? Yes, the babes were thick but don't even think about trolling in my pond buddy. Yes, I'm sure Vanni is already out there spending her winnings. That's a lot of shoes that she can buy. As for the "loser" remark, you forget, I've played with you buddy and your poker skills is as bad as your fish slaying skills... As a matter of fact, isn't your nickname at the table "Fish".

Fish? WTF, okay Mr. FNN fishing hot shot. I know you've been lurking on the other website so don't deny it! :rofl:
I'll make sure to come to next month's party and sit right next to you at the table. Your luck is bound to run out soon buddy. :twisted:

ZenDragon
03-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Nice fish report as usual! Great Poker pics too!

FishermanStu
03-11-2008, 10:42 PM
couldnt help but notice the wave in the background in the second pic. what beach is that. i probably wont fish it so dont worry if you have to pm it. i have yet to get in to surf fishing. usually i spend my time fishing for surf

troutdog
03-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Another awesome report from a great guy, keep the roll going! Thanks for sharing your weekend, nice pics!

TD

Wingnut
03-12-2008, 01:23 AM
BIDRED KILLA wrote: Nice job out there once again Wingnut i think you should consider beach guiding you will make bank i like the money shot keep it up for 2008.
You gotta have skills to be a guide. 90% skills and 10% luck. That's their bread & butter. In my case, it's the other way around. I rely more on luck and good timing than anything else. :lol:

FishNFurious wrote: Fish? WTF, okay Mr. FNN fishing hot shot. I know you've been lurking on the other website so don't deny it!
I'll make sure to come to next month's party and sit right next to you at the table. Your luck is bound to run out soon buddy.
Hey, I make my minimum one post a month quota over there. :mrgreen:
I hope you make it next month... we need all the donations we can get. I know this much, your money will run out before my luck will. :twisted:

ZenDragon wrote: Nice fish report as usual! Great Poker pics too!
Thanks ZD, catch any Crab & Lobsters lately? I'm serious about that seafood trade offer. ;)

Fishermanstu wrote: Couldnt help but notice the wave in the background in the second pic. what beach is that. i probably wont fish it so dont worry if you have to pm it. i have yet to get in to surf fishing. usually i spend my time fishing for surf.
On certain time of the day, I usually see a few surfers out there. PM sent.

Troutdog wrote: Another awesome report from a great guy, keep the roll going! Thanks for sharing your weekend, nice pics!
Thanks TD... believe me, I want to keep it rolling, and rolling... and rolling. :D

boxl0bster
03-12-2008, 02:28 AM
damn! way to go wingnut! thanks for the great report and pics. you using any of bill varneys advice? haha.

CoffeaRobusta
03-12-2008, 08:24 AM
Wingnut, you are much too modest....you got skill and style man. A rare combo in anyone. Congrats. Hey how about sending some of that good mojo my way? ;)

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-12-2008, 10:11 AM
HEY NOW WN, VERY NICE, MAN YOU GOT IT COVERED .... SURF FISHING & POKER ..... :thumb::thumb:

GETTTTERRRRRRR-DONE !

hey, shot me a PM next time you hit the surf, i have never been west coast SF'n, so i'd like to give it a try, i have waders & some 9' rods. i use to SF when i lived in FL. so its been years.

DUDE .... i live 22 blocks from the ocean:rofl:

Z

FISH ON !

FishNFurious
03-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Hey, I make my minimum one post a month quota over there. :mrgreen:

Did you happen to see that guy catch a 30 inch White Sea Bass from the surf on a fly rod? :shock: Let's see you top that!!! :D ;)
See ya next month bro.

Jikser
03-13-2008, 04:55 AM
Very cool...nice variety of feesh...and loot..oh man!

Wingnut
03-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Boxl0bster wrote: Damn! way to go wingnut! thanks for the great report and pics. you using any of bill varneys advice? haha.
What's up Ernie! I wanted to try one of his techniques, but couldn't find any "pink" lines. :mrgreen:

CoffeaRobusta wrote: Wingnut, you are much too modest....you got skill and style man. A rare combo in anyone. Congrats. Hey how about sending some of that good mojo my way?
You are too kind... mojo sent! ;)

Z-Tunakiller wrote: HEY NOW WN, VERY NICE, MAN YOU GOT IT COVERED .... SURF FISHING & POKER ....
GETTTTERRRRRRR-DONE !
Hey, shoot me a PM next time you hit the surf, i have never been west coast SF'n, so i'd like to give it a try, i have waders & some 9' rods. i use to SF when i lived in FL. so its been years.
DUDE .... i live 22 blocks from the ocean.
You're too funny Z, one of these days we'll hook up in the surf. :cool:

FishNFurious wrote: Did you happen to see that guy catch a 30 inch White Sea Bass from the surf on a fly rod? Let's see you top that!!!
See ya next month bro.
I did see that report! :shock: Man, a WSB is hard enough to catch in the surf, let alone with a fly on a fly outfit... much props to the guy.
See ya next month Vincent.

Jikser wrote: Very cool...nice variety of feesh...and loot..oh man!
A multi-species day is always fun... keep things interesting. I might join you out there on the yak here pretty soon... ;)

trail blazer
03-15-2008, 01:18 PM
once again youve blasted the competition,,,,,,,what more can i say??:notworthy:

Nhatster
03-15-2008, 02:03 PM
Brother Arthur, I just registered for the site! Now will you take me fishing with you?!? :lol: Still learning how to navigate. You have to show me how to send messages and stuff. Han wants to know when you're going to take her fishing again, and not to the trout farm this time. :D

Your bro. Nhat :cool:

Wingnut
03-15-2008, 09:33 PM
once again youve blasted the competition,,,,,,,what more can i say??:notworthy:

Thanks TB, but I'm in competition with only one person... myself. ;) :mrgreen:

Brother Nhat, PM sent! :cool:

Granny Fish
03-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Nice catches on all counts! Thanks for the report and showing us how it's supposed to be done. :appl::udaman: