PDA

View Full Version : Dept of F&G question

xahx
05-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Ok so i know that there are sneaky f&G officiers who wait at the trailer docks for when u return from your fishin expedition to check ur limits, fish size, and what not...

basically to see if they can screw/fine you due to not following proper requirements.

My question, I want to get a private boat slip in Cabrillo Harbor. Not that i have anything to hide, but do the DFG go to private docks too?

Any and all input appreciated

AH

BassFreak
05-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Just keep your fishing legal, then you'll have nothing to worry about.. :shock:

gnfshn
05-11-2007, 12:23 AM
less likely for them to show up, but it only takes a neighbor to call them if you are doing illegal activities routinely. the ocean isn't like a private pay lake like SARL or Irvine, etc. so yes they can, but they won't waste their resources on it. like Bassfreak says keep it legal and you don't have to worry. they have been known to board boats on the water before you go into your harbor or slip. So what do you have in mind? Why exactly do you ask? buying a slip monthly to hide from the DFG makes me wonder. What are your motives on a public site.

Nessie Hunter
05-11-2007, 08:42 AM
basically to see if they can screw/fine you in any way.

Would having a private slip there prevent the inconvenience of running into the dept of F&G?

AH

They are not scewing you.. They are doing exactly what we all want them to do, PROTECT THE FISHERIES !! !!!

That is Why I dont mind paying over $50 for my fishing Lic...

Second part sounds like a POACHER.. Any one that would pay slip fees to avoid or HIDE from DFG has some big problems..

Please post some pics of you & your boat, So I can forward them to DFG..

Thanks

Frank

Brad100
05-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Ok so i know that there are sneaky f&G officiers who wait at the trailer docks for when u return from your fishin expedition to check ur limits, fish size, and what not...

AH

I know that there are some dicks out there but your attitude about these guys (and gals) from the DF&G is wierd... If it were'nt for these people, fishing/diving/hooping would be a lot worse than it is now. Soooooo, clean up your act & it won't be a problem!

xahx
05-11-2007, 10:52 AM
i ovioulsy know to keep within the limits, its just odd to me that they would chekc privte docks, taht was the untlimate qustion. I have nothing to hide from them just wanted to see the response.

I am not trying to rent a slip to avoid the DFG... give me some more credit.

I am not some sorta sneaky criminal

EricU
05-11-2007, 06:38 PM

basically to see if they can screw/fine you due to not following proper requirements.

My question, I want to get a private boat slip in Cabrillo Harbor. Not that i have anything to hide, but do the DFG go to private docks too?

AH

...the DF&G employees aren't sneaky, there are in a uniform in plain sight.

They will check you as you enter the breakwall area too.

Better bone up on this: http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mrd/index.html

Guess what, here is another reason to avoid doing anything illegal:

The CalTIP Program

CalTIP (Californians Turn In Poachers and Polluters) is a confidential secret witness program to encourage the public to provide the Department of Fish and Game factual information leading to the arrest of poachers and polluters. The caller is eligible for a cash reward if his/her information leads to a citation or an arrest. The toll free telephone number operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may remain anonymous.

To report unlawful activity, call CalTIP at 1-888-DFG-CALTIP (1-888-334-2258)

Fish Dog
05-11-2007, 06:42 PM

i ovioulsy know to keep within the limits, its just odd to me that they would chekc privte docks, taht was the untlimate qustion. I have nothing to hide from them just wanted to see the response.

Hummm...sounds to me like you think the DFG Wardens are sneaky SOB's though...Remind me never to fish with you if that's your attitude. :x The men & women of Fish and Game work hard and there aren't enough of them. As far as I'm concerned if they could have Scotty beam them over to a poacher's location to arrest or cite them that would be ok with me. In my book they can be as sneaky as they want to to get the job done. Hide, use stealth technology, drive unmarked vehicles, wear disguises, use night vision, use spotting scopes, infiltrate a poaching organization...DO IT ALL! As long as they don't break the law themselves I think they should do whatever they need to to get then job done.

BassFreak
05-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Nice Edit, your original post implied that you were planning to do something illegal and hide by renting a slip.. Now we can understand what you really mean..

lubemanone
05-11-2007, 11:15 PM
That's right guy's, tell it like it is!!!! If you ask me? It sounds Kinda FISHY! too me! :rofl: :banana:

fish4keep
05-12-2007, 04:13 PM

Would having a private slip there prevent the inconvenience of running into the dept of F&G?

AH

They are not scewing you.. They are doing exactly what we all want them to do, PROTECT THE FISHERIES !! !!!

That is Why I dont mind paying over $50 for my fishing Lic...

Second part sounds like a POACHER.. Any one that would pay slip fees to avoid or HIDE from DFG has some big problems..

Please post some pics of you & your boat, So I can forward them to DFG..

Thanks

Frank

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ambassadorhawg
05-12-2007, 04:27 PM
The laws are in place to preserve our fisheries. People who abuse those laws are contributing to the restriction of our fishing priviledges. So be good or Santa Clause ain't gonna bring you anything nice for Christmas!!!

Follow our laws or don't fish!

Yes, they do indeed make uninvited visits to private boat docks. I have been checked several times myself after returning to a private slip on a buddy's boat.

THANK GOD (THE FISHING GOD, THAT IS) FOR THE DFG!!!

v6v6v6
05-12-2007, 10:11 PM

AH

Yikes, I assume you had a bad experience with a DFG agent in the past? Why would you refer to them as "sneaky" and why do you feel they are "basically" trying to "screw/fine" you?

xahx
05-13-2007, 10:17 AM
PLEASE READ< <<<<

THE reason i posted was not to gain the image that i am poacher or up to any illegal activity&#46;&#46;&#46;

I used to operate and own a import company that imports LIVE coral for the aquarium trade industry&#46; WILDLIFE department was ON OUR *** about the species we were bringing in&#46; I assumed the DFG for sportfishing was like that, however now i learn different, Dont get me wrong i support fishing and would never want to see species extinct due to human error (overfishing)

I had the mindset that most govt officials are trying to be hardasses, authority tripping, but then again, some are cool&#46;

Like i said earlier, not trying to be a poacher, i am legit just wanted input on the FGD as i have had no run ins yet&#46; I even have the legal fish measure tape inside my fish reserve we throw back all stuff too small&#46;&#46;&#46;

So YEA report me if you will!!! nothing will come out of it except for a burned Friendship bridge&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46; FRANK!!! lol &#58;lol&#58;

fishon714
05-15-2007, 05:21 AM
this is a bit off the subject, but these things are just as bad as poachers (see picture below) (both catch fish to survive IMHO)&#46; Most poachers I've seen are homeless poor and ragged looking people that catch and smell like fish so they can feed themselves and their families since their monthly food stamp allotment isn't enough to buy fish at the market because the fish are too expensive for them&#46;

These critters multiply by 5% annually, I just hope poachers decrease by 100% annually to offset the difference&#46;

fishon714

xahx
05-15-2007, 09:06 AM
^^^ once we see one of these guys, our spot has been officially burned&#46;

Even on the fish finder you can see a giant red line swim thru the school of fish&#46;&#46;&#46; wonder what that line is?! its the damned sea lion&#46;&#46;

pull up ur lines, we changing spots!

Daus
05-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Forget the MPLA closures&#46;&#46; DFG needs to neuter some of those sea dogs to protect the fishery&#46; It's evident that sea lions have made a strong comeback over the years&#46; I'm always FOR protecting animals, birds and fish but we need some balance&#46;

Sorry Xahx for continuing to go off tangent on your post&#46; Blame Fishon714 for his initial digress&#46; &#58;oops&#58;

xahx
05-15-2007, 12:43 PM
Forget the MPLA closures&#46;&#46; DFG needs to neuter some of those sea dogs to protect the fishery&#46; It's evident that sea lions have made a strong comeback over the years&#46; I'm always FOR protecting animals, birds and fish but we need some balance&#46;

Sorry Xahx for continuing to go off tangent on your post&#46; Blame Fishon714 for his initial digress&#46; &#58;oops&#58;

lol no worries!

End tHread!