PDA

View Full Version : Local LB Bugs 3/7

HESBROS
03-08-2008, 07:02 AM
We decided on a spur of the moment trip last night, so the wife and I hooked up the boat and headed to LB about 1830, the Bro and his Girly friend were going to be a little behind us and meet us there. The wife and I arrived about 2000 and put the boat in the drink. I jumped in to start her up and back her off the trailer, but she would not start. First crank sounded all right and she wanted to fire, but after that something sounded a little strange. Pulled her out, fumbled round with the plug wire, plugs, all the obvious stuff. Tried again and still wont start, WTF! Well, the bro and other half finally arrived about 2045, we pulled all the plugs and replaced them, the bro changed them today, so we thought we would just put the old ones back in since we knew they worked. We finished that, and getting ready to put the enigine cover back on, and the bro notices the starter is still up.....Hmmm, that would cause it to not start, with a tap, it went down. We threw a little WD40 on to ensure some lubrication and tried to fire her up and she started on the first try. Well, now it is a little after 9, the night is getting shorter as this was going to be a early night, but we said what the heck we are already here. We dropped the hoops at 2200 at one of our usual spots. After the drop, I went looking for Chris from Hesperia, who had pm'd me about the area. We found him and his partner and said hello. Nice to meet you guys! How did you do? Anyways, long story short (I know after all that), we ended the night with 8 legals and I think 3 shorts thrown back! We ended up getting off the water at 0430, and now I am getting ready to go to work....Here is a few pics we took this am after we got home.

ahhvtec
03-08-2008, 09:05 AM
Good stuff, did you guys see a dual console striper out there last night? He did well also.

Duc

HESBROS
03-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Hey DUC. where were they? We seen many boats hooping last night. I almost ran somebody's float over because I was too busy trying to make out if they were Chris from Hesperia, as it turns out, they were not them. If the person that was hooping off Island Chafee last night about 9:30 and almost had a 25 Ft Walk Around almost hit your Green float reads this, I am sorry I got so close....my bad. You were in a a 12-14 ft aluminum that I thought was someone else.

chris
03-08-2008, 01:48 PM
allright that one is real nice how do you get the tail off the big ones? Thanks again for letting us use your radio that thing is neat i need to get one. Hopefully I can get out once more before the season ends. Before we left we tried the one spot you were saying but the current changed after the first set and we came up empty.

ahhvtec
03-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Hey DUC. where were they? We seen many boats hooping last night. I almost ran somebody's float over because I was too busy trying to make out if they were Chris from Hesperia, as it turns out, they were not them. If the person that was hooping off Island Chafee last night about 9:30 and almost had a 25 Ft Walk Around almost hit your Green float reads this, I am sorry I got so close....my bad. You were in a a 12-14 ft aluminum that I thought was someone else.

They were in a blue 07 dual console striper and had only 4 hoops in the water. Single limit plus 4 by 11pm. He said he saw you guys. He saw an aluminum, a cuddy and a Parker. Thought he saw Hesbros on one of the boats. Glad to see you did well.

Duc

chris
03-08-2008, 03:01 PM
i saw your friend in the blue boat striper d/c he past me and said he had one and a short and it was slow then took off towards chaffee

ahhvtec
03-08-2008, 05:30 PM
i saw your friend in the blue boat striper d/c he past me and said he had one and a short and it was slow then took off towards chaffeeHi Chris, that may been a similar boat but that was not him, he did not hoop Schaffee last night nor any of the oil islands last night. Hope to see you guys out there next week.

Duc