PDA

View Full Version : Where to camp?

GhettoBasser
03-07-2008, 02:28 PM
I am looking for a place I can camp right on the shoreline. I want to take my family camping. I know you can at SARL, but I was looking for something a little different. Whether it be at the beach or fresh water. Thanks for your help. Sorry I realized I put this in the wrong place.

Granny Fish
03-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Tuff's Campground and other campsites on Rock Creek
Various locations on the Kern River

quik
03-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Lake Hemet!

Stormcrow
03-07-2008, 04:44 PM
I think Irvine has a camp ground thats right on the lake too.

fishercut
03-07-2008, 05:51 PM
If you can go during the week, Doheny Beach is excellent..you are right on the sand and there is pretty good fishing there. Weekends are tough to get a spot.

rusty6
03-07-2008, 06:41 PM
carpenteria, refugio, el capitan, gaviota to name a few

gavin310
03-08-2008, 12:27 AM
I'm camping this weekend at Thornhill Broome State Beach, which is at Point Mugu State Park in Malibu. Not too sure what to expect. I know it's a popular place for RVs, so hopefully it doesn't resemble a swap meet... Look for a fishing report in the "SoCal Harbor, Bay, Surf, & Pier Reports" forum.

GhettoBasser
03-08-2008, 01:16 AM
Thank you. I appreciate it.

BBL2Baja
03-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Baja Norte, in between Rosarito and Ensenada, there are a whole slew of resorts that allow camping on the beach (La Salina being a good, secure one). Also, Two Harbors on Catalina is a pretty good fishing/camping spot that is all within short walking distance of the shoreline.

Later,
Scott

jimbo61
03-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Jalama Beach, miles of unspoiled beach, excellent surf fishing and a crowded day on the beach there's maybe 100 people on the beach. Thats 100 people in 5 miles of beach! The only problem is that it is a county beach and they don't take reservations. So you pretty much have to go up a day ahead of when you want to camp, put your name on a waiting list then drive to Lompoc and get a motel room for the night. This is true when camping Friday through Sunday. Let me tell you, the extra work is worth it. This place is a little off the beaten path, but it is in my opinion one of the most beautiful pieces of California coastline our state has to offer. It is located about 45 minutes north of Santa Barbara. Oh and the cafe/store makes one of the best burgers I've ever had.