PDA

View Full Version : Kauai fishing report, March 6th, 2008

RL-IN-OC
03-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Finally was able to get onto a charter boat today. The C-Lure Fishing Charters out of Nawiliwili Harbor in Lihue. The Mele Kai is a 41 ft power catamaran with twin screws, very fast and smooth. The seas were flat with very little trade wind. We finally found our lucky FAD (buoy). The count, 3 yellowfin, 6 skipjack, 7-10lbs. None were caught on the troll, all on jigging, which made if more fun with light line. We also saw about a half dozen whales that put on quite a show. I would highly recommend this boat to anyone that is heading out to Kauai. The captain and crew were very friendly and helpful. They also knew how to take care of the fish, bled them quickly, and right into the ice. The best thing about this boat is, they let you keep all the fish you want. A beautiful day in paradise! Aloha !

Oz
03-05-2008, 11:50 PM
sweet report man..i envy you, that u got to go out fishing there in kauai. i went last year and didnt get the chance. plus didnt have the $$$ then lolll thats sweet that the boat let u keep what u wanted cause i noticed alot of the boats out there keep all the fish or like 75% of it from what i have read. congrats on ya catches man.

DavidE
03-06-2008, 12:06 PM
VERY NICE!!!!!!! I'll be taking this info with me in Sept. Thanks!!!!!

chris
03-07-2008, 09:02 AM
those pictures are great thanks for sharing

BIGRED KILLA
03-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Nice job out there nice little tunas Sushi time.

Bigred

CASTAWAY
05-02-2008, 01:05 PM
My flight takes off tomorrow to Kona
Island. Yes I will be on board, hope I get to do some fishing.....

Thanks for the report and pix.:cool: