PDA

View Full Version : Passaport For MEXICO fishing????

Liteliner
03-05-2008, 12:08 PM
I was wondering if anybody knows if we are gonna be required to have our passport with us if we go on a san diego charter into mexican waters??? Heard some talk about this so any info would be cool. Damn child support wont issue me a passport due to backpay. Thanks in advance for any info.

Oz
03-05-2008, 12:35 PM
hey homie...whats up??? but nah i have been told by people that have gone on boats that left san diego u dont have to get a passport. thats what the mexican permits are for.

Ricky-Ray
03-05-2008, 12:39 PM
I pulled this part from Department of Homeland Security. "U.S. Citizens traveling to and returning directly from a U.S. territory are not considered to have left the U.S. territory and do not need to present a passport."

Basically as long as the boat leaves from San Diego and returns to Sand Diego you are not required to have a passport. If the boat happens to dock in Mexico then you might have to show it.

If in doubt double check with the landing. I'm pretty sure if your going on a 3/4 or 2 day trip you will most likely not need it. If your doing a long range you might want to bring it along just in case.

More Info:

Passport Hompage: http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html

Western Hemisphere Travel: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html

Department of Homeland Security, Border crossing: http://www.dhs.gov/xtrvlsec/crossingborders/index.shtm

laznbboi
03-05-2008, 01:42 PM
If I take a day fishing in Mexico water, and return back to U.S.(San Diego). Do I have stop to see customs before I go to the dock? Thanks.

Liteliner
03-05-2008, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the help. Im not worried about a one or two day trip but im actually lookin for a seven day trip. I assume the farther away from san diego the more chances of a mexican navy run in. Just dont want to get boarded by the mex gov and end up in jail or something crazy like that for not having a passport on me.

Hey laznbboi I dont think you need to go through customs either but you could get stopped by the dfg or the mex gov. And there is a checkpoint from san diego back to the oc. I think its for agriculture though.

So whens the next trip out osiito? I'll hit you up when the yellows start biting. Wanna hit up clemente on an overnighter soon. Hope the liberty is ready by then.

Oz
03-05-2008, 03:14 PM
well only trip i have scheduled so far is this

*April 26/27,'08 – Pacific Star - Pier Point Landing - Local Island - two (2) day trip

theres still a spot open. its 250. the yellows should be biting then or WSB as they already have been.

other than that just waiting for cabo trip that DUC does on this site. but yea i think the liberty will be up and running come time for summer. eldorado is almost done from what i hear. if that boat isnt back we should hit up the freedom.

Liteliner
03-05-2008, 11:01 PM
That two day sounds tempting man but I need three spots. Got my two buddies that always go with me. Not sure if you met them but they were on the trip i met you on.

I saw the report for the last cabo trip and it looked pretty badass man. In a few years I guess. Thats gonna be some good fishin bro. I havent fished freedom but heard alot of good things about them so that would be cool to. Man I need to go fishing already. Once I get my luna i'll be out there forsure though.