PDA

View Full Version : Local LB Bugs 3/2-3/3

HESBROS
03-04-2008, 03:08 PM
The bro and I launched from Davies about 1800 Sunday night. We arrived the area we planned to hoop about 1900 and had nets set by 1930. We had 5 legals by 2145. Our buddy Super Chase was going to meet us so we went and picked him up at South Shores and were back on the spot by 2230. We pulled all night as usual and ended up with 14 legals by sunrise, we tossed back 2 shorts. We ran Chase back in at 0600 and then went and fished. Did I mention the off shore wind blew like heck overnight, we had to hide from it from 2400 on. Anyways, after a slow day of fishing, the Hesbros girls met us at Davies at 1730 and we went back out for a few more hours of hooping. We ended the night at 2200 with 2 more legals. Total 16 Legals, 2 shorts and lots of rock crabs all released. We did not take many pics but here is a few. Some of the pics are end process. We Vacuum seal our fish, so with lobsters it is tough with the spines. Awhile back, my wife got the idea to use Pet Nail Nippers to clip the spikes on the tails and it works great.

ahhvtec
03-04-2008, 03:16 PM
Oh man you guys are hard core being out like that. LOVE IT! We were out there too but late. We were off the water at 11pm so missed you by an hour but we didn't see you on the way out though at 7is Monday night. Ran just passed that spot. Must have missed you guys then too. Either way nice work...

Duc

HESBROS
03-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Here are afew more pics off my wifes camera.

one_leg
03-04-2008, 03:39 PM
That reminds me, I gotta trim my fingernails.

Thanks for the post, and congrats to you.

flyngby
03-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Congrats again HESBROS/GIRLS and Chase. You all found them again and the the addiction carried you all into the next night like we had talked about doing last week.

It appears that the drain on your bait tank is clogged. Need to work on that!!!!!!!!

It looks like the Girls brought the IN-and-Out Gut Bombs and took over the boat. I now see how alert we would have been had we stayed out last week. IT is ok as long as we make sure to take shifts on the naps and someone is at the helm.

I know from experience on your ride that there is more comfortable locations than you and and the Rich were taking the naps. Thanks to the Fireline experience we can take a Catnap in any position and still be ready to go on a moments notice.

As I was doing the work that held me back from joining you all I was thinking of you all out there. Unfortunatly it did not go as quickly as planned.

CASTAWAY
03-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Wow, you guys are eating good.
Wish I had all those bugs.:)

Thanks for the report and sharing the pix.:thumb: