PDA

View Full Version : Troutman65 Tri-Tip Recipe

Troutman65
03-04-2008, 02:00 PM
If anyone wants me to re post my Tri-Tip recipe let me know on this thread and I will repost it .

Troutman65

Crappie Slayer
03-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Troutman65,

Please repost.

calvaryguy23
03-07-2008, 01:51 PM
yes please do

johnsfishing
03-07-2008, 05:43 PM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7292

Here is the link to it on the old boards!

johnsfishing

Troutman65
03-10-2008, 09:27 PM
Hey Johnsfishing !!! Thanks for the link to the old boards.

Enjoy Everyone !!!

Grillin and Chillin

Troutman65

Troutman65
03-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Thanks AmpMan88 for bringing this recipe to the next Irvine Lake Team 57 / FNN get together.

Troutman65

Sparky70
03-26-2008, 07:06 PM
TM 65,
Repost that recipe, it is Awsome, I have used it at least 9 times now.

S70

T_Rob
03-26-2008, 10:49 PM
Anybody else having any troubles accessing the link to the old boards to get the recipe? I keep getting a message to install "phpBB"??

Would love to see that great recipe uploaded again on the new boards!

Thanks TM 65!

BBL2Baja
03-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Foolin' around trying to access the old boards I found the "even older boards". This was before Troutman65 was grillin' Tri-tip for T57 and a dude named syfaulk roamed the boards. ;)
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum2/

Patrick's recipe has something to do with Soy Vay Teriyaki sauce, some ziploc bags and indirect heat. I will let Patrick elaborate. :)
Good stuff.

Later,
Scott

Troutman65
04-08-2008, 09:26 AM
[quote=Sparky70;164377]TM 65,
Repost that recipe, it is Awsome, I have used it at least 9 times now.

S70[/quote

Very :cool: S70. I am glad you enjoyed it and pass it on to others.

Troutman65

Troutman65
04-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Anybody else having any troubles accessing the link to the old boards to get the recipe? I keep getting a message to install "phpBB"??

Would love to see that great recipe uploaded again on the new boards!

Thanks TM 65!

I just tryed the link and I have the same problem .

I will get to writing up a new one for the new boards soon.

Troutman65

Troutman65
04-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Foolin' around trying to access the old boards I found the "even older boards". This was before Troutman65 was grillin' Tri-tip for T57 and a dude named syfaulk roamed the boards. ;)
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum2/

Patrick's recipe has something to do with Soy Vay Teriyaki sauce, some ziploc bags and indirect heat. I will let Patrick elaborate. :)
Good stuff.

Later,
Scott

Hey Scott, I did some research and found out that syfaulk was YOU !! :lol:;)

Yes, the recipie uses Soy Vay very Teriyaki sauce. And it also uses Stubs spicy BBQ sauce. You mix the 2 together and its out of this world W/ Tri-Tip.

TM65

one_leg
04-08-2008, 10:10 AM
What if I were to substitute Kikkoman Soy Sauce, Krafts regular bar-b-que sauce, and cooked it on a propane grill, will it be all right?

barbiegirl
04-08-2008, 01:40 PM
What if I were to substitute Kikkoman Soy Sauce, Krafts regular bar-b-que sauce, and cooked it on a propane grill, will it be all right?

You are a brat and trouble maker! Has anyone else told you that?

Oh I got one more word for ya..............PROCRASTINATOR! he he he he ;)

one_leg
04-09-2008, 12:26 AM
You are a brat and trouble maker! Has anyone else told you that?

I can't remember?

BTW, I was once told that, "Good things come to those who wait."

You forgot to say it three times Barbie!!!

It is only a matter of time now,:smile: in my opinion.

Tri-Tip is an Ok cut of meat, not my favorite one, but it'll do a lot of the time.

troutdog
04-09-2008, 02:04 AM
Yes, the recipie uses Soy Vay very Teriyaki sauce.

This is an excellent marinade for bbq conch from what I was told :lol:

TD

Troutman65
04-09-2008, 09:19 AM

You could do that Alan. But it would not be the same the Tri -Tip that I made up for the legends event last Summer. Everyone who tried it loved it. Why mess with a good thing Alan?

Troutman65

Troutman65
04-09-2008, 09:21 AM
[quote=barbiegirl;170468]You are a brat and trouble maker! Has anyone else told you that?

:rofl:

TM65

Troutman65
04-09-2008, 09:25 AM
This is an excellent marinade for bbq conch from what I was told :lol:

TD

I bet it would be great for Conch TD.

TM65

BingJr
04-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Is there a link to the tri tip recipe that works.. :( I havent been able to find one.

~larissa
04-10-2008, 04:51 PM
If anyone wants me to re post my Tri-Tip recipe let me know on this thread and I will repost it .

Troutman65

repost please

all in favor???

calvaryguy23
04-10-2008, 09:30 PM
yeah repost it :D

Troutman65
04-16-2008, 05:34 AM
repost please

all in favor???

Ok Larissa. I will repost it today after I get back from Fishing at Irvine Lake. ;):D

Troutman65

Troutman65
04-16-2008, 05:35 AM
yeah repost it :D

Ok dokie. After I get back from Irvine Lake today I will repost it.

TM65

Troutman65
04-23-2008, 07:24 AM
Ok, You take a Tri-Tip from the store and perice it with a fork on both sides a bunch of times. Then you use a dry rub on it. I like to use Emerils Original Essence w/ Black pepper for one. You can also use Grill Mates Steak Rub or another rub combo you like. I like to have the Tri-Tip set for a half hour in the refer after this. Be sure to rub the rub into the meat very good.

Then I use Soy Vay Very Teriyaki and Stubbs spicy BBQ sauce . I use a 50/50 mixture of each of the sauce for 1 Tri-Tip. I put the Tri-Tip into a gallon Zip Lock baggie. I then double it so 2 bagies are on. I don't like for the sauce to drip out.

I then mix the sauces together in the bag with the Tri-Tip. I let the Tri-Tip marinate for up to 4 days. The longer the better.

When I am ready to grill I use a Webber 22" kettle grill and stack the coals to one side of the kettle. I light the coals and when they are ashed over with a flame still going I put the Tri-Tips on the fire side to sear the meat. You want to sear the meat for 7 min. or so.

Then you move the meat over to the cool side of the grill and Fat Side up , You close the lid and let grill for apox. 35 to 40 min. for it to come out just right.

Be sure to let the Tri-Tip rest for 5 to 7 min. after you take it off the grill. If you don't do this and just cut into the meat all the juices will run out and the meat will be dry.

Grillin and Chillin

Troutman65

~larissa
04-23-2008, 08:27 AM
thanks patrick... i've archived this in my recipe book .. whoo hooo :banana:

sansou
04-23-2008, 09:09 AM
I think this recipe is also chiseled in stone at the entrance of Irvine Lake, and reprinted on the ticket stubs!

Will have to try this recipe!

DarkSide51
04-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Sounds great!!! I will try this for sure.

Thanks

Troutman65
04-23-2008, 03:39 PM
I think this recipe is also chiseled in stone at the entrance of Irvine Lake, and reprinted on the ticket stubs!

Will have to try this recipe!

Sansou, You will get to try it this Saturday at Irvine Lake . Then you can post and rant how good it is.:lol:

TM65

Troutman65
04-23-2008, 03:40 PM
thanks patrick... i've archived this in my recipe book .. whoo hooo :banana:

Sorry it took so long. You will get to taste it this Saturday.:D

TM65

troutdog
04-24-2008, 12:47 AM
You should host a cooking show segment on site at the Vine TM. You could of course do a tri-tip as the featured item and teriyaki chicken recipe as a follow up. I think it would only be fair to have Osiito as the co-host as this section should be renamed after him! :lol: You could have weekly guests...Doctorhook could do a cameo showing proper trout filleting technique using Sue as a prop and then illustrate the frying process thereafter. Who had the killer jalepeno bombs aka buffalo turds recipe? That would hafta be included as well. HItts could do a segment on his citrus marinade/99 cent store spice surprise and to break it up "Chef" 2Quickmotorwerks could talk about safe guarding kosher hotdogs from theft. :rofl: ThemBastards could do a Dodgerdog grilling snipet....the possibilities are limitless! With a little luck Jeff4321 might even make the time to expalin in more detail how he makes his world famous eggs!

TD

2quikmotorwerks
04-24-2008, 09:24 AM
You should host a cooking show segment on site at the Vine TM. You could of course do a tri-tip as the featured item and teriyaki chicken recipe as a follow up. I think it would only be fair to have Osiito as the co-host as this section should be renamed after him! :lol: You could have weekly guests...Doctorhook could do a cameo showing proper trout filleting technique using Sue as a prop and then illustrate the frying process thereafter. Who had the killer jalepeno bombs aka buffalo turds recipe? That would hafta be included as well. HItts could do a segment on his citrus marinade/99 cent store spice surprise and to break it up "Chef" 2Quickmotorwerks could talk about safe guarding kosher hotdogs from theft. :rofl: ThemBastards could do a Dodgerdog grilling snipet....the possibilities are limitless! With a little luck Jeff4321 might even make the time to expalin in more detail how he makes his world famous eggs!

TD:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ThemBastards
04-24-2008, 01:05 PM
I might even make a Rally Rat Etouffee

troutdog
04-24-2008, 01:10 PM
I might even make a Rally Rat Etouffee

That sounds tastey!

TD

Sue
04-24-2008, 03:18 PM

TD

That sounds great, but can we use CGI to simulate the knife experience? Please????? :rofl:

Troutman65
04-24-2008, 06:53 PM
I will post a propane gas grill method of grilling the Tri-Tip very soon. Its close but just a little different. Hang tight.

TM65

troutdog
04-24-2008, 11:10 PM
That sounds great, but can we use CGI to simulate the knife experience? Please????? :rofl:

As you wish....:lol:

So no go on that idea TM? :lol:

Where is Troutaholic these days Patrick?

TD

Troutman65
05-05-2008, 02:41 PM
As you wish....:lol:

So no go on that idea TM? :lol:

Where is Troutaholic these days Patrick?

TD

Sounds good TD. Troutoholic was at Irvine Saturday and scored a limit of trout.

TM65