PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a trailer for, TOONZILLA !

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-04-2008, 12:07 PM
HEY NOW, hit harbor freight, got the cheap-pee 860lb. trailer, stopped at builders supply got 2-16ft. PT 2X4's and 4 S.S. eye bolts.

trailer $139.99 internet price
2x4 $20.00
SS bolts $12.00
trailer DMV reg. / tag $20.00 for 5 years

I have a few more mods like wrapping the 2x4's with carpet, etc.

LOOKOUT ..... :bblfish:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/NORMZS/P3030001.jpg

Z

FISH ON !

tacklejunkie
03-04-2008, 12:09 PM
Nice!
I bet that makes things easy. Pull up and dump 'er in!

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-04-2008, 06:59 PM
Nice!
I bet that makes things easy. Pull up and dump 'er in!

Thanks tj, that's why i didn't get myself a new rod an reel, i thinking
the easier it is to load and unload, the more time an more often
i will go fishing. :appl:

MAN ... that trailer is a pain in the *** to put together, lots of nooks an crannies to get nuts & bolts in, then you have to tighten them MoFo's.

hope to give it a test run up at the goon on sat. , after i help Gary and the FOCL clean up, WHO'S GOING ?

Z

FISH ON !

fleaflicker
03-05-2008, 06:34 AM
That should make things much easier.

Is there any danger of road debris puncturing your bladders?

Ronira
03-05-2008, 07:25 AM
Lovin the trailer Z dawg, thanks for the pics. Now I've got one more thing to want for my toon.:cool:

jerryG
03-07-2008, 12:41 AM
Convenience in this case does not come with out sacrafice. The speed limit is reduced to 55 mph for vehicles pulling trailors.

JerryG

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-07-2008, 09:25 AM
That should make things much easier.

Is there any danger of road debris puncturing your bladders?

hey ff, yes ... easy = more fishing time and no back aches, i added the trailers fenders, i had to drill 2 new holes to mount them.

quote:
Ronira Lovin the trailer Z dawg, thanks for the pics. Now I've got one more thing to want for my toon.:cool:

thanks Ron, i'll try not to add anymore stuff on toonzilla, so your list doesn't get to long . :rofl:

quote:
jerryG Convenience in this case does not come with out sacrafice. The speed limit is reduced to 55 mph for vehicles pulling trailors.

JerryG

GEE thanks for the words of wisdom Jerry, so let me see 35-45 min. set up each time i assembling and disassembling = up to 1.5 hours every fishing trip, last time i was on the freeway speed limit was 65mph, so my new top speed is 55 mph, round trip from my house to castaic lake is less then 80 miles, so it will take me an extra, say 20 min. going 55 mph .... WOW ! :eyepop:

I'LL SAY NO MORE ! :roll:

Z

FISH ON !

vanillagurilla
03-07-2008, 10:38 AM
load it on the other way Z. put the box twards your van and put the batteries in it to keep the tounge weight up. you dont want that thing to start swaying on you. also i would check the wheel bearings ever 2-3 trips depending on distance. smaller wheel = hotter bearings.

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-07-2008, 01:29 PM
load it on the other way Z. put the box twards your van and put the batteries in it to keep the tounge weight up. you dont want that thing to start swaying on you. also i would check the wheel bearings ever 2-3 trips depending on distance. smaller wheel = hotter bearings.

OK vg, SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA ... THANKS.

I'LL PUT THE BATTS. IN THE BOX AND I'M GOING TO MOUNT THE TM AND DRILL AN TAP A FEW HOLES, SO IT HAS A SAFETY BOLT ON THE TOON's MOUNT, I DO NOT TRUST THE MINN K'S 2 THUMB SCREWS, I ALSO USE BLUE LOCTITE, ON EVERY BOLT THATS UNDER 1/2", AN DOESN'T HAVE A LOCK NUT.

OH YEAH, GOT A DEAL ON EBAY, 2 SPARE TIRES/ WHEELS, WITH HUBS & WHEEL BEARINGS .... DBL. INSURANCE ! :thumb::thumb:

Z

FISH ON !

FISH_HUNTER
03-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Dude Tunakiller Your Rig Looks Like A Fish Slaying
Machine!!! Right On !!!

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Dude Tunakiller Your Rig Looks Like A Fish Slaying
Machine!!! Right On !!!

HEY NOW, THANKS F_H, HOPE TO BE HITTING THE LAKES, RIVERS & HARBORS ....... HARD THIS SPRING & SUMMER .

Z

FISH ON !

Santa Fe Eric
03-10-2008, 07:23 PM
That's Hot!

vanillagurilla
03-11-2008, 09:04 AM
if your going to roll with the trolling motor on there i would make something to strap the bottom part to. wouldnt want your transom to start cracking or anything. my 12' valco i used to have had the transom start tearing away because someone trailered it with the motor on it. so i tig'd on a peice of 3/8ths aluminum and mounted a 25hp johnson :).

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-11-2008, 11:43 PM
if your going to roll with the trolling motor on there i would make something to strap the bottom part to. wouldnt want your transom to start cracking or anything. my 12' valco i used to have had the transom start tearing away because someone trailered it with the motor on it. so i tig'd on a peice of 3/8ths aluminum and mounted a 25hp johnson :).

hey vg, i hear you..... i have been looking into away to gusset the TM mount,
MAN , i'm always making modification ! :smash:

Z

FISH ON !

vanillagurilla
03-12-2008, 12:50 PM
not trying to tell you how to do things Z. just dont wana see anythinng happen to a good guy! maybe just leave to TM off or use ratchet straps to secure everything. i gota dez trip this weekend with my homie and 3 strippers so wish me luck :D lol. see you soon boss.

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-12-2008, 10:51 PM
not trying to tell you how to do things Z. just dont wana see anythinng happen to a good guy! maybe just leave to TM off or use ratchet straps to secure everything. i gota dez trip this weekend with my homie and 3 strippers so wish me luck :D lol. see you soon boss.

HEY vg, No Man ... your cool, I've been designing and fabricating for 25+ years, i have no problem with ppl's suggestions.

I have the TM all the way up on the mount and strapped down against the top of tool box ( to reduce flex on the toons TM mount) with a piece of closed cell pipe wrap foam as a cushion. the TM control handle is up high so i can see it threw the back windows of my van, makes it easy for backing to unloading......now all i have to do is rig a piece of PVC with a tennis ball on the end, so i can see what my little trailer is doing when i back up the thing to load, the trailer is to short to use the side mirrors :rofl:

once i get all the bugs worked out of TOONZILLA,
i can concentrate on FISHING !

WTF .... WHERES MY STRIPPER ?:rofl:

Z

FISH ON !

vanillagurilla
03-12-2008, 11:06 PM
im gona try to take some "interesting" pics lolz.

noob@fishing
03-17-2008, 07:35 AM
I went to Perris on Sunday and saw your trailer and toon at lot 12. Didn't see anyone in or by the car. Nice set up you got there. I want a toon with similar setting, but can't afford it... T T. I did really well off the shore by lot 12, caught 20+ fish(trout), gave half out to beginner fishermans, and release rest of them... Wanted to see you toon in action but never made out to the water. Left lake by 3:30pm. I will holler when I see you out there.

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-17-2008, 08:28 AM
I went to Perris on Sunday and saw your trailer and toon at lot 12. Didn't see anyone in or by the car. Nice set up you got there. I want a toon with similar setting, but can't afford it... T T. I did really well off the shore by lot 12, caught 20+ fish(trout), gave half out to beginner fishermans, and release rest of them... Wanted to see you toon in action but never made out to the water. Left lake by 3:30pm. I will holler when I see you out there.

HEY NOW, yeah n@b i drained my 2 optima's on sat. fighting those Fuking winds, me an Gary fished the riprap at 11-12 on sat. i got 4 up to a little over 2lbs., I was fishing UL 2lb. test .... an gary got 10 LMB's up to 4lbs. ............. i was a DINKFEST...BUT NO .....SKUNK http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/../forum1/images/smilies/common076.gif

bassguy stopped by on sat. an said hello...and WE BS'ed for over an hour.

gary fished his tube sun. i hit the rr an only got 2 dinks... i'm sure he will post his new tubes fishing adventurer's.

maybe hook up next trip ?

pic of Perris on sun.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee129/NORMSZ/P3160004.jpg

Z

FISH ON !

Ronira
03-17-2008, 09:14 AM
Nice Z dawg, Apr. is gonna be WFO out there. Gotta come back out and fish the east end with us.:beer:

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-17-2008, 11:14 AM
:offtopic:

Nice Z dawg, Apr. is gonna be WFO out there. Gotta come back out and fish the east end with us.:beer:

:food::beer: WTF .....ALL-IN MOFO ! :2guns::bblfish:

GOT AN INVITE TO FISH WIT MY FRIEND, TO FISH WIT HIM AT PERRIS... HE WAS ON THE 10 DAY ON THE INDY WIT ME 2 YEARS AGO ....HE JUST GOT HIMSELF AN OFF THE HOOK, CHAMPION BASS BOAT, MAYBE FISH WIT HIM 1 DAY AND CAMP, AN THEN FISH MY TOON THE NEXT, I'LL LET YOU GUYS KNOW.

HEY, WTF ... 1 OF YOU PERRIS GUYS GET A POST GOING ON WHAT DAY/DAYS UR GOING NIGHT FISH THE LAGOON ?
PLEASE NO DATE CHANGES :rofl:.........AGAIN :confused:

Z

FISH ON !

Ronira
03-17-2008, 01:53 PM
Gotta figure out when the water temps are gonna start coming up over there Z dawg. You'll have to keep me posted on that action so we know when to plan a trip. :)

Z-TUNAKILLER
03-17-2008, 02:23 PM
Gotta figure out when the water temps are gonna start coming up over there Z dawg. You'll have to keep me posted on that action so we know when to plan a trip. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/NORMZS/P2120004.jpg

HEY Ron, if they keep spilling, maybe a long time for that water temp to increase, i heard end of April ?

Z

FISH ON !