PDA

View Full Version : lone pine creek info needed by this weekend

sktruth
03-03-2008, 03:25 PM
This will be my first time to Lone Pine Creek. I've fished bishop creek a total of twice. That's just about the extent of my fly fishing experience. Not too shaby for a beginner in my opinion, but... Any suggestions of spots to try, flies, conditions, reports, or any thing else would be greatly appreciated. I will most definately post a report with pics when i return. I will be up there friday night until sunday. Thanks in advance for the help.

Trout-Slayer77
03-03-2008, 03:30 PM
there might me some helpful info in this late report for the area your going to.

http://www.sierradrifters.com/fish.html

TS-77

BishopTrouter
03-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Not to discourage you but, Lone Pine creek is a lot smaller in size comparing to bishop creek and is slightly harder to fly fish.... Yet it is a very nice creek especially after a stock when you get limit stlye action. But, even if they dont stock or if it gets fished out, take a walk on the wild side and blaze your own trails and find some other "low-key" pools. I've had my best luck in these creeks with salmon eggs and crawlers but also been able to catch em on small jigs, spinners, and even some on a wooly bugger stripped from upstream. There are also browns in the hard to get pools so they'll be more willing for other flies. Also if your're fly fishing you might wanna try the Sand Trap off one of the first turnoffs. Its still water fishing and last time i was there there were a lot of fish rising.

I hope this helped

snoman
03-03-2008, 09:49 PM
i fished the sand traps today, and it was slow. the small fish are biting of of worms, and lures