PDA

View Full Version : Late Report; Pleasant Valley Res. w/pics

Trout-Slayer77
02-28-2008, 11:33 AM
First off i would just like to say how special of a place the sierras are....truly a magical place...gods country !!
and to quote droogie23, "THIS IS THE REASON WHY YOU CAN NEVER COMPARE TROUT FISHING IN SO CAL TO EASTERN SIERRA TROUT!!!!!....NEVER HAD I EXPECTED TO HAVE CAUGHT SO MANY 5LBERS" This report was from Feb. 8th-10th. I was able to persuade my girlfriend into taking a valentines trip to Bishop. and she ended up loving it !

we got there on friday around 2:00pm...checked into The Village Motel, which has a great fish cleaning station/scale/fish freezing, and headed for the res. (north end) around 3. The weather was sunny, beautiful clear day. The 2 mile hike to our spot took a toll on us. we passed a few fisherman who had their gear set up on bikes which i thought was brilliant. We fished till sundown and caught some nice browns on pink powerworms. just two around 14 inches, both CPR'd.

Saturday- we get to the res at 7:30am and it was freezing...there were two freezetubers on the water who seemed to be doing well so far. saw a stringer with 3 fish. We started out with powerbait for no love....and had a follow up on a kastmaster. Around 9am i threw out my yellow and brown rooster tail and on the 3 cast i hook into my biggest bow of the trip. A 6lb broodstock with the DFG gill plate. beautiful, hard fighting female rainbow !! slowed down at the dam by 10 so we decided to move up the way about a mile and that was a great decision!! my girlfriend hooked into what looked to be a 20-23inch brown, and it broke off when it wrapped around a branch 3ft. from shore. Got him on a green/orange trout jig. The bite was WFO for the rest of the day on trout teasers, jigs....green/brown, green/orange, and white/pink. Farmed a few 5lb's and safely released about 10 pan sizers all rainbows.

Sunday- we got there same time 7:30ish and even colder then on Sat. we headed straight for our same spot. mid day i caught my 5lb. male bow on a green/brown jig. Also broke off a few other 5lbers and kept 3 bows around 16 inches to take home for friends. All in all... a great trip and wonderful valentines vacation. Cant wait to head back.

MY RESULTS- 18 RAINBOWS, kept 5......and 2 BROWNS C&R
GIRLFRIENDS RESULTS- 3 BROWNS all C&R

snoman
02-28-2008, 07:50 PM
nice.
heading up there tomorow. hope to have as god as luck as you did

tpfishnfool
02-29-2008, 07:42 AM
WOW.. You guys did great ! Thanks and not a better place to go with the little woman.
That place has had alot of preasure lately to boot..

diamondbear
03-01-2008, 03:10 PM
TS77 , Great report , Nice fish and I love the pic of the grillin trout , iam headed up there for easter weekend , can't wait .

Troutman65
03-05-2008, 01:02 PM
:cool: Nice going on the trout.

Thanks for the post.

TM65

one_leg
03-08-2008, 05:00 PM
WOW!!! I'm impressed.

Nice ear rings too.:lol:

Thanks for the report.

One_Leg

GETUM818
03-10-2008, 02:22 PM
LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A BLAST OUT ON THE WATER!!!

CONGRATS ON THE EXCELLENT DAY OF SLAYIN TROUT-SLAYER77!!

WOW!!! I'm impressed.

Nice ear rings too.:lol:

Thanks for the report.

One_Leg

YOU FORGOT TO MENTION THE FRENCH TIP ON THE NAILS ALSO........ WOOOOW!!!!

TROUT-SLAYER77 YOU'RE A LUCKY MAN!!!!!

I WISH MY GIRL LIKED FISHING..... HELL SHE WONT EVEN TOUCH A FISH, LOL!!!!!!!!

Trout-Slayer77
03-10-2008, 04:03 PM
LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD A BLAST OUT ON THE WATER!!!

CONGRATS ON THE EXCELLENT DAY OF SLAYIN TROUT-SLAYER77!!

YOU FORGOT TO MENTION THE FRENCH TIP ON THE NAILS ALSO........ WOOOOW!!!!

TROUT-SLAYER77 YOU'RE A LUCKY MAN!!!!!

I WISH MY GIRL LIKED FISHING..... HELL SHE WONT EVEN TOUCH A FISH, LOL!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the comments !! ;) and yes, we did have a great weekend, cant wait to head back to the sierras in may !! I am a lucky man 8-) and she even ties her own knots w/ those nails. :lol: she caught more browns than me :???:

Greg Madrigal
03-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Stellar report my man. Way to go! Really enjoyed the pics and the detailed info. Makes me wanna hit up PVR even more now! Great job on the big fish!

GM<><

chris
03-12-2008, 10:02 PM
wow great report and pics.i might have to go after easter.