PDA

View Full Version : New Fishing Simulation Game Polls Needed

Davis T
05-10-2007, 04:18 AM
Hi Folks,

My name is Davis Truong, with the popularity with sportfishing in california, me and VStep (Virtual Reality Simulation Games) had an idea to make a New type of Sportfishing Simulation Game. Imagine this you, the captain of a 65 x 22 Sportfishing boat out of a fishing landing. Loaded with paying customers that want to catch fish. You'll have to drive out of the landing and get bait, and then drive out of the harbor to locate fish, just like the real thing. The goal would be for you to find the fish for the paying customers however, it has to be a specific fish, such as, say if the customers wanted to fish calico bass that day, you'll have to use all types of fishing navigation systems, depth meter, temp meter,fish finder etc to locate the fish and the problem might be they might not want to bite and you'll have to relocate. The more fish on the boat that day the more money you'll make. When you complete a the missions you can use the money made to buy new boats and expand your location. You'll be able to fish from a wide area of places such as known places around california. The map will have listed places you can drive and fish at such as, Huntington flats, Horsekelp, Farnworth Bank, Patty hoping, misc spots that might obtain fish when your just driving by and more. Another concept is online communication. Can find the fishing your looking for? contact other players to help you out. This game will be as realistic as it gets in graphics details, from a walk around boat design to fishing, its not only just for fun but, hopefully can be a educational help to your fishing. Theres alot more details to this game but this is just an apatizer. Its just basically letting you know how it feels from a captains perspective when the fish arent biting or a emergency situation on the boat. This is just an idea and unsure about the marketing for a specialized fishing game like this but, with your help and poll it can be a possible game in the near future. This project may only start if there is great confidence in the market size. Feel free to add any ideas and comments

Thanks in advance

Poll

Good idea for market expansion? or Bad?

FishSum
05-10-2007, 08:33 AM
sweet...

Funjunkie74
05-10-2007, 09:33 AM
If you could somehow utilize the Wii controller and get some kind of vibrating response when hooked on fish, you've got a million $ idea!

I think if you go with your standard PC-type games you may find yourself in a "sea" of competition (pun intended).

Essentially, only 3 sides of the US faces saltwater. And only 18 states actually touch it. The rest are inland states where freshwater fishing rules.
Those people who fish saltwater regularly may find the game interesting but will not be impressed because they know what the real deal feels like.
Inland freshwater people would probably be your core market and may be interested, but as demonstrated many times over, bass fisherman are die hards!! They like the challenge of choosing the right bait/lure, the right spot, the right barometric pressure...etc. I don't think they'd be completely sold with just the idea of being a saltwater boat capt.

That's my :2cents:

DavidE
05-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Send test kits and I'll help debug it. I want a beta version and a copy of the locs too!!! We'll make a run at Activision for development .... :D :D

fishnfool
05-10-2007, 02:17 PM
I think its a Great Idea and would be a big seller if the price was right

05-10-2007, 10:00 PM
I'd buy it....

ghetto dad
05-11-2007, 07:15 AM
damn dude , i have been wanting a game like that for years...that would be cool man!! i would purchase for sure.....

fishin417
05-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Right on! I've always wanted to see a game similar to that, but arcade style with a real (conventinal set-up) conected to the machine so you can actually have a simulated fight. That would be the chit

Troutman65
05-12-2007, 05:41 AM
Totally Cool Idea !! I woud buy it too!!!

sansou
05-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Could it be possible to have the game on a Wii console, such that you have to make a "beating down" motion when you run into seals??

amskater
05-13-2007, 02:00 PM
sounds like a good idea. Ive played sega marine fishing on my dreamcast with the fishing reel controller and good to play when I cant get to the beach