PDA

View Full Version : patriot 1/2day 2/26 w/pics

sktruth
02-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Went out yesterday aboard the patriot. It was a gorgeous day. Little to no wind, sunny, and pretty clear. I could see Mt. Baldy from the fishing grounds. Took my father and girlfriends father with me. It made for a memorable trip. Deck hand today was decent, but the captain was not me favorite. Followed the western pride out and TRIED to anchor out right on top of them. It took 20 min to anchor, wait, then it slipped 5 min. after starting to fish then another 20 min to anchor again. We were so close @ one point we must of been 15 feet from the western pride. Since me and my father were togather, I kept the eight sculpin i caught and the 2 my father caught. On the last stop i picked up a sandbass. One of two on the boat. My girlfriend's father caught two sculpin, but both were short. All in all it was a pretty slow day one the water, but i kept picking away at things. Hopefully you enjoyed the report and will like the pics. I am the younger, and my father is the one with the longer hair. Hope you enjoy.

Funjunkie74
02-27-2008, 12:17 PM
There is nothing that makes me more jealous than a mid-week fishing report!!
Great job on the fishys!! It's cool that you can hang with your GF's dad.

So where are the pics of the dinner table? No report is complete without that!!

FJ74

FISH_HUNTER
02-27-2008, 12:43 PM
There is nothing that makes me more jealous than a mid-week fishing report!!
Great job on the fishys!! It's cool that you can hang with your GF's dad.

So where are the pics of the dinner table? No report is complete without that!!

FJ74

So where are the pics of the dinner table?

SCULLYS MAKE GREAT FISH TACOS :bigsmile:
MAN I WISH I COULD GET ON THE WATER ON A WEEKDAY :udaman:

ghetto dad
02-27-2008, 02:39 PM
thanks for the report bro...the weather keeps up like this, we should start having some excellent fishing soon....

GD

Ricky-Ray
02-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Great report. Thanks

mrjonez
02-27-2008, 02:56 PM
im more stoked that the patriot has bench seating. god damn i'm lazy.

one_leg
02-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Great report man!!!

Ricky-Ray
02-27-2008, 04:23 PM
im more stoked that the patriot has bench seating. god damn i'm lazy.

It's one of the few boat's in the LA/OC area that has bench seating. It originally came from up north where bench seating is pretty common.

Fishtaco
02-28-2008, 11:53 AM
Sorry for the slow day. At least you had your dad and your girl with you to enjoy the day.

Oz
02-28-2008, 01:47 PM
great report...8 skullies means a good dinner in my book :cool: u will get more next time..kinda sucks it took that many tries to anchor but it happens

Jig-Guy
02-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Cool report and pic's:thumb:

JIG-GUY:lol: