PDA

View Full Version : Bolsa Chica

xtranzman
02-22-2008, 08:42 PM
I have tried to get a camping spot at Bolsa Chica with not much luck. I have called and tried the website but they are always full. When I spoke to the rep on the phone today he told me that there are always open spots there on a first come first serve basis.

Has anyone ever camped there without reservations? I would hate to hook up the trailer and find out I couldn't get a spot.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanx,
X

Ricky-Ray
02-23-2008, 01:43 AM
What website are you going to for the reservations? I've only been there once and I made reservations thru Reserve America, http://www.reserveamerica.com. I know most of the weekend spots are already filled for the summer so you may have to look really far down the line or maybe during the weekday.

ghetto dad
02-23-2008, 03:49 AM
yeah man, bolsa chica sells out sometimes almost a year in advance. Good luck brother!!

GD

bfraser
02-27-2008, 10:16 AM
The reservations for Bolsa Chica and other state parks are all pretty much the same (other than you can never seem to get Bolsa Chica) They open up on www.reserveamerica.com 6 months prior to arrival. That means for any date in august they open up ressies I think at 8am on the 1st of February. They are gone in about 5 mins! hope this helps!