PDA

View Full Version : Last Wed, slow day at Carlsbad, pix

Native Gal
02-18-2008, 08:42 PM
Hey fisher guys & gals,
Had to meet a client last wed afternoon in Oceanside, of course we packed our fishing gear since the house was only 20 min from where we like to fish. After several hours of talking things over with the client we had a good lunch and off to the fishin hole. Had to fish again soon so my husband could get the skunk off his back from the sat before. While at the clients house the weather turned from sunny & warm to cloudy & breezy. The day kept getting colder and more breezy. The bite was much slower than on sat but the fish were still wanting the chovies. I got several lil bass again and my husband only managed a few nibbles. I only saw one person catch a lil fish, could not make out what it was. I lost several bass because the spot we were in had a very thick weed bed, hard to pull the fish through. This year the weed bed seemed to be thicker than last, this time of year.
Stayed only a few hours into the night because it got extremely cold and breezy. Had a few more hits but I was too busy trying to keep warm than to land a fish. So the night ended with my husband getting the
:skunk: again, and me with several lil bass. Overall the night was slower than the weekend but still fun.
Until next outing, tight lines to all.
NG

Wingnut
02-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Nice little Spottie NG. Outfishing your hubbie again! :wink: :mrgreen:

Native Gal
02-18-2008, 09:48 PM
WN,
he does not know I follow the teachings of Master Wingnut :D :mrgreen:
NG

Wingnut
02-18-2008, 09:57 PM
:rofl: :bigsmile: :mrgreen:

saltman
02-18-2008, 10:04 PM
Hey,

Nice bay bass they are a strong fighting fish love to catch them on Brown and green jigs.

Saltman :wink: