PDA

View Full Version : please help

madooog1
05-09-2007, 06:26 PM
hey all,
Im taking my buddy out on a half day trip out of Davey's locker on sunday morning. I promised i would take him before he deploys to Iraq on tuesday. I really want to make sure he has a good time and gets some fish. I havent been out for a long time so i need to go get some new tackle and line for my poles. While im at the store, does anyone have any tips on tackle i should buy that may give us an edge over all the other fishermen on the boat? or should i not worry bout it and just use the bait on the boat. it looks like they are catchin sculpin out there. Any tackle, riggin, or technique tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

bsp
05-09-2007, 06:49 PM
Drop down to light line, 15 or 20lb test, and use flourocarbon leaders. Also try filleting any small rockfish you catch and using those, but remember to keep the skin on!

Re8elmonk0341
05-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Drop down to light line, 15 or 20lb test, and use flourocarbon leaders. Also try filleting any small rockfish you catch and using those, but remember to keep the skin on!

I agree with bsp use the bait that the boat supplies but if they dont have any squid buy a pack. i like using 20-25lbs test withe the dropper loop and 5-6oz wieght. Tell your buddy Semper Fi and good luck I know what its like to be deployed to the Iraq. Good luck to you both.

bsp
05-09-2007, 07:44 PM
This is a bit superstitious but do not enter the jackpot. Every time I have seen a really good sized fish caught, like my 15lb sheepshead or another guy's legal ling, the angler who caught it was never in the jackpot. This might just be me but all my best days have been when I have not been in the jackpot. Also give your friend a big thank you from me for being in the army, and going to Iraq. He deserves it. Forgot to mention this, bring shrimp! I find it gets bit better than squid for rockcod, and the big sheepshead love it!