PDA

View Full Version : Buddy Boating with Flyngby LB 2/17

HESBROS
02-17-2008, 08:38 PM
The "Hesbros" met up with Flyngby (Steve) and his son Brad at Cabrillo about 0700, we were running a little late after we "The Hesbros" hooped all night. (See that Report). Anyways, we headed up the line above Pt. Fermin, tried off some kelp lines for nothing, this does not mean the fish are not there since I am still learning the ropes to fishing the LB/LA area. Then we headed back down the line, outside Angels Gate in 90 ft, my wife got 2 short lings and a Sculpin and my brother got 1 short ling. We made another move further down outside Queens gate, looking for hali's, none there for us. The we went even further down, outside HH Entrance, looking for Hali's none there either, well as far as we know. Overall pretty slow for us today, but fishing with family and friends takes care of that. Steve and his son got some fish, not exactly sure of all the kinds and numbers, but I know he got a nice Cali. The wind came up in the early afternoon. Thats all I have to report. Good fishin' with you today Stevo, that's a sweet little ride. It gets up and goes for its size![attachment=0:057cf]8 Lobby's.jpg[/attachment:057cf]

ahhvtec
02-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Nce bugs, did you go where i thought you went?

Duc

JapanRon
02-18-2008, 08:58 AM
Hi HESBROS,

Wow ... sounds like a couple of hard-core days on the water !! Gotta be fun buddy-boating !!

Thanks for the nice report,

JapanRon

Tail Chaser
02-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the xlnt report.
You avoided the skunk under lockjaw conditions and got some bugs too.

GeordyBass
02-18-2008, 08:40 PM
nice job.

saltman
02-18-2008, 10:37 PM
Hesbros,

If look like you guys and Stevo were out there doing it again !
What time is dinner 1800.
Thanks for info and pic.
Bugs On..
SALTMAN :wink:

flyngby
02-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Had the opportunity to get out from behind the wall on this buddy boat trip with the HESBROS.

After taking 1 half of the BROS for an excursion with his boys up the Arroyo Seco in search of the stocked trout (NOT) from 0800 to 1400 on SAT 2-16 I got a message from EDDIE that they were headed hoopin and wanted to know if I was ready to go now instead of Sun morning. I had dinner plans with the family and some more prep on the boat so I declined until Sun. Morning.

Met them a Cabrillo launch at around 0645 and headed out.

My son Brad was able to get his first fish in plastics.

Thanks to the HESBROS for the company and comfort to have someone close by as We get some open water time.

Here are a few pics we took on the trip.

All were CPR'd