PDA

View Full Version : NPH101

Poseidon
05-09-2007, 05:17 PM
It gonna be my first time fishing new port harbor. Can you tell my wat kinda bait I should use, how heavy my line should be(6lbs, 8lbs, 12lbs, on one of my rods I have a 12lbs test) Can you tell me where the bite is right now? Which dock? is it public?

Nessie Hunter
05-09-2007, 08:40 PM
It gonna be my first time fishing new port harbor. Can you tell my wat kinda bait I should use, how heavy my line should be(6lbs, 8lbs, 12lbs, on one of my rods I have a 12lbs test) Can you tell me where the bite is right now? Which dock? is it public?

Dont fish NPH right now..

They are dredging the Nav channel and all the water is Black and stinks.. :evil:

The bite is nonexistent......... :evil:

spiceguy
05-10-2007, 09:31 AM
True.........

gnfshn
05-10-2007, 07:36 PM
think they could've of done this months ago? starting to good out there. anyone know how long?

RUSSO
05-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Is that what that Sh.. is! The water seems stained, kinda yellowish, brown. No bites from bass or Halis, but hooked 3 batray tues and 2 batray wed. on Gulp Baits. got one close, was about 60 lb then straightened the hook. I was sight fishing them, need more than 10# fire line and flouro leader.
Hope that SH.. clears up quick, tho.
RUSSO

one_leg
05-10-2007, 09:13 PM
This should have been done years ago. They are always dredging here and there around various locations due to accumulated sediment. Slip Owners pay around $500.oo to get the area around their slips dredged and a fee to the Regional Water Quality Control Board. It can be great here and terrible there. Some larger vessels and many sailboats cannot navigate the channel at low tide. Army Corps of Engineers is responsible for the dredging at this time. There has not been a dreging of the Lower Bay in about 70 years. I used to hate having to dive in this stuff when they were dredging. What's worse is when the rains come and all the dead fetuses, cats, birds, syringes, cigarette butts and whatnot come pouring out of the storm drains.