PDA

View Full Version : LAKE CACHUMA

wrondogg
02-16-2008, 12:24 PM
So does anybody know what is going on at Cachuma. I've heard multiple rumors and wanted to know if any of them were true. I heard that the new launch ramp they were building is completely under the water and the old one was destroyed before they finished the new one. So the only way to get on the water is to rent one of there boats????? Is this true or do they have a ramp that I could launch my bass boat on?

I also heard something about a Quagga Mussell outbreak there that may cause the lake to be shut down completely? Is that true???

Any info would be appreciated!

fishing_addict
02-26-2008, 11:44 PM
So does anybody know what is going on at Cachuma. I've heard multiple rumors and wanted to know if any of them were true. I heard that the new launch ramp they were building is completely under the water and the old one was destroyed before they finished the new one. So the only way to get on the water is to rent one of there boats????? Is this true or do they have a ramp that I could launch my bass boat on?

I also heard something about a Quagga Mussell outbreak there that may cause the lake to be shut down completely? Is that true???

Any info would be appreciated!

I was there 2 weeks ago and it sounds like someone has been messing with you. Unless there was a flood the new boat ramp is not under water, it was however still being worked on. I did see a couple of privately owned boats on the water so I'm guessing there is another ramp somewhere (unless their private ramps). They are doing Quagga Mussell inspections, that part is true. Saw lots of guys get turned away.

DarkShadow
02-27-2008, 03:12 PM

http://www.fishon.ws/CACHUMA_LAKE_COMB.pdf

Yes, sadly, it is true.

Then I realized..

"I don't own my own boat and I always rent one. And the rental boats will still be there long after they shut down these lakes for the private boaters."