PDA

View Full Version : Fish Cat 4 or Daiwa Pixy?

calico killer kevin
02-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Looking for some advice. For my birthday in March should I get A fish cat 4 and a lot of other crap or should I get the Daiwa Pixy?

Calico Killer Kevin

eldo69
02-16-2008, 03:40 PM
daiwa pixy

Z-TUNAKILLER
02-16-2008, 09:02 PM
hey ckk, hmmmm .... very go question, so let me ask you, do you want a very nice high end reel and keep fishing the shore or use the stuff you already have & float around with the ability to fish in areas you can not from shore, also do you have a very nice high end rod to accompany the pixy, if not what is your budget for the new rod, last but not least have you considered getting a toon ?

just 1 example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ODC-Super-Sport-9-I ... dZViewItem (http://cgi.ebay.com/ODC-Super-Sport-9-Inflatable-Pontoon-Boat-New-In-Box_W0QQitemZ330211604713QQihZ014QQcategoryZ15266Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Z

FISH ON !

calico killer kevin
02-16-2008, 09:23 PM
I am probably gonna get a Kistler LTA rod for it. I have considered getting a toon, but I have no room to put it and I don't feel like having to assemble it every time out.

Calico Killer Kevin

Z-TUNAKILLER
02-16-2008, 09:31 PM
OK ckk, VERY NICE :thumb:

HOPE YOU HAVE GOOD LUCK, SHORE FISH WITH YOUR NEW GEAR,
OH YEAH AND A HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN MARCH . :banana:

Z

FISH ON !

Flying
02-17-2008, 06:58 AM
I'd get the tube + a lot of other tubing crap :lol:

A nice real is nice but doesn't catch more fish as already pointed out.

calico killer kevin
02-17-2008, 08:27 AM
OK ckk, VERY NICE :thumb:

HOPE YOU HAVE GOOD LUCK, SHORE FISH WITH YOUR NEW GEAR,
OH YEAH AND A HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN MARCH . :banana:

Z

FISH ON !

That's if you guys don't convince me to buy the tube first. :lol:

Calico Killer Kevin

Z-TUNAKILLER
02-17-2008, 12:32 PM
hey ckk, hmmmm .... very go question, so let me ask you, do you want a very nice high end reel and keep fishing the shore or use the stuff you already have & float around with the ability to fish in areas you can not from shore, also do you have a very nice high end rod to accompany the pixy, if not what is your budget for the new rod, last but not least have you considered getting a toon ?

just 1 example:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ODC-Super-Sport-9-I ... dZViewItem (http://cgi.ebay.com/ODC-Super-Sport-9-Inflatable-Pontoon-Boat-New-In-Box_W0QQitemZ330211604713QQihZ014QQcategoryZ15266Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Z

FISH ON !

I'd get the tube + a lot of other tubing crap :lol:

A nice real is nice but doesn't catch more fish as already pointed out.

I agree with Flying

I am probably gonna get a Kistler LTA rod for it. I have considered getting a toon, but I have no room to put it and I don't feel like having to assemble it every time out.

Calico Killer Kevin

cck, sounds like you have made your mind up to me ?

I toon and it takes less then a half hour to set up, i really like being able to fish almost like the guys in their 20+k bassboats, i can even fish salt, i spent a few more $$ and got a aluminum frame toon & M K rip tide trolling motor.

MY :2cents:

no room to put it ?

ok, tj must have a few magic tricks ? :lol:

2006 Honda S2000 Convertible 2dr 2 seater RWD

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7488&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15 (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7488&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=15)

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=13995&start=0 (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=13995&start=0)

do as you think best

GOOD LUCK

Z

FISH ON !

FR0G
02-17-2008, 12:36 PM
I'd say a tube. I have so much fun in mine, its unbelievable. You can get to all those places people from shore or boaters can't get too, and fish them with ninja like silentness. They are easy to get into the water, and easy to get out. A toon is out of your question though, since you don't have the transportation for one, so a tube would be perfect. Besides, why would you want a Magnesium reel anyway? Psshh... :roll:

Socal Bassman
02-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Tough call. But I've gotta agree with the others about the tube.
The Pixy is nice, even though I've never owned one. And the Kistler LTA is one sweet rod. But the problem with high end gear is it leaves you wanting more. Believe me... I love my LTA's, but my solo LTX leads me to wanting more.

A tube or toon will allow you to reach fish beyond the casting range of any high end gear.

calico killer kevin
02-17-2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks guys. I have until mid-march to decide and by now, I'm leaning towards a fish cat 4. What fishfinder do you guys recommend for under 100 bucks? Wouldn't it get all wet and short circuit or something like that?

Calico Killer Kevin

Socal Bassman
02-17-2008, 09:46 PM
I have a Lowrance X96, it's gotten wet before and still working fine. Hit up Spinning Reel Bandit, he had a finder for sale a while ago. Don't know if he sold it yet though. As for a new one? Hummingbird and Eagle should have some nice ones in your price range.

kingjester13
02-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Hey killa, get an advance on the present and go to the "Fred Hall Show" your eyeballs will pop out of your head and you'll find all kinds of deals there.

Just my :2cents: ,
JK13 8)

calico killer kevin
02-18-2008, 09:00 AM
Do they have deals on float tubes at the fred hall show?

Calico Killer Kevin

BBL2Baja
02-18-2008, 02:53 PM
Hands down, the float tube.

Many others can agree, float tube fishing is an advantage over shore fishing. Last fall, at Jenks Lake, I had a few twenty-to-thirty fish days because I was able to get where the fish were. Those on shore had fun watching me. Others on this site, some of whom were there fishing with me, can attest to the fact. Don't care what those guys had on shore, it could have been Excalibur and Superman's Cape. My float tube was seeing more fish.

JMHO, YMMV

Later,
Scott

kingjester13
02-18-2008, 03:35 PM

Calico Killer Kevin

thats a BIG 10-4

KJ13 8)

calico killer kevin
02-18-2008, 05:07 PM

Calico Killer Kevin

thats a BIG 10-4

KJ13 8)

Huh? Care to explain?

Calico Killer Kevin

eldo69
02-18-2008, 05:29 PM
[quote="calico killer kevin":8a963]Do they have deals on float tubes at the fred hall show?

Calico Killer Kevin

thats a BIG 10-4

KJ13 8)

Huh? Care to explain?

hes saying yes they do have deals at the show

Calico Killer Kevin[/quote:8a963]

calico killer kevin
02-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Ooooooooooohhhhh okay, thanks for clearing it up.

Calico Killer Kevin

seal
02-21-2008, 08:49 AM
I have a Fish Cat 4 and ODC420. I bought the ODC420 because of 2 blow outs at the seam at virtually the same spot on the Fish Cat 4 with very little usage. Been float tubing for about 15 or more years so don't think over inflation was a problem. Maybe bad luck but just thought you should know. Am very happy with the ODC420 with lot's of hours logged on the water and no problems.