PDA

View Full Version : Sharkin'

Jered
02-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Fished N. OC last week for three hours. Hooked four, landed two. Hoping to go again this weekend.
Jered
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/jered1011/Picture061.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/jered1011/Picture060.jpg

Surfer
02-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Sunset Beach?

riverside_angler
02-15-2008, 04:24 PM
did you catch those from shore? what do you catch those things on and what do you do with it now? do you eat it? how does it taste? what kind of shark was that?

Fisherman57
02-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Congrats Jered!

Another nice Leo .......
Ill be out there next week..... hope to see ya out there!

Jered
02-15-2008, 05:34 PM
No not Sunset, but Sunset is a great place to catch big leo's. I don't ever keep anything I catch or give away anything I catch. Everything is CPR.
Jered

Wingnut
02-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Beautiful! Well done! :thumb:

copeyboy
02-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Nice to hear that you don't keep or give away what you catch, Jered. I like to let the fishies continue to grow to fight another day. Hey, if you are ever willing, I would love to come down and learn a thing or two from someone like you. I'm going to try my hand at surf fishing this summer and need some pointers. You say that Sunset is a good place to catch leos? What bait are you using? I've read that live perch work pretty good.

Native Gal
02-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Sweet Very Nice Leo :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
CONGRATS!!!

I bet he put up a good fight.
Last August I caught a 3 footer and boy did he put up a good fight. Caught some smoothies who put up a good lil fight also but nothing like the Leo. Boy trying to unhook him and let him go was fun, kept trying to swing around to bite us. I hope to one day catch a guitar fish, they look like they would be fun to catch. Thanks for the pixs, really enjoyed them.
Tight Lines,
NG

WOKIEE
02-15-2008, 07:33 PM
very nice congrats if you ever want a buddy to tag along just let me know WOKIEE

CoffeaRobusta
02-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Schweet Jehosephat Jered, that's a nice fish. Glad to hear you let it go. There's a black market aquarium trade for baby leos you know. They catch pregant females and pull the babies out of them for sale. That's just sick.

Funny thing is, I was thinking of fishing there the other day. Not only that I was going to go with my big set up and try for some sharks. Biggest leo I ever caught was half that size. I've caught a big smooth hound and a spiny dogfish there before too.

Thanks for the report and pics man. Way cool.

tacklejunkie
02-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Looks like two different sharks?
Nice work man! Those are crazy! I wouldn't know what the heck to do if I hooked one of those :lol:

one_leg
02-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Jared, nice job on the catch and release.

O_L

chris
02-16-2008, 08:04 AM
i like the 2nd pic with the blonde shark and peach top
good catch

calico killer kevin
02-16-2008, 08:48 PM
CONGRATS!!!

Last August I caught a 3 footer and boy did he put up a good fight. Caught some smoothies who put up a good lil fight also but nothing like the Leo. Boy trying to unhook him and let him go was fun, kept trying to swing around to bite us. I hope to one day catch a guitar fish, they look like they would be fun to catch. Thanks for the pixs, really enjoyed them.
Tight Lines,
NG
Trust me, they are probably the most boring fish you will ever catch. All you have to do is get a circle hook with a whole squid on it and chuck it out as far as you can. When they bite it's like a light tap, then you set the hook and reel in dead weight. I recommend that if you are gonna fish for something in the ray family, you should fish for sting rays. They fight much better and I heard that they taste a lot better too. BTW very nice leo.

Calico Killer Kevin

Stormcrow
02-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Dammmm beautiful leopard. Wish I had a tank big enough for him. Oh, nice blonde in the back too. Id like to show her my jig stick.

xtranzman
02-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Very nice.... Love the looks the people in the background have on their faces..

X

amskater
02-18-2008, 01:20 PM
CONGRATS!!!

Tight Lines,
NG
Trust me, they are probably the most boring fish you will ever catch. All you have to do is get a circle hook with a whole squid on it and chuck it out as far as you can. When they bite it's like a light tap, then you set the hook and reel in dead weight. I recommend that if you are gonna fish for something in the ray family, you should fish for sting rays. They fight much better and I heard that they taste a lot better too. BTW very nice leo.

Calico Killer Kevin

great catches and I would like to add if your gonna target rays try hooking a bat ray those put up some good fights

christainmetalhead909
02-18-2008, 03:38 PM
nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need to go to the beach for the fishing and the girls lol.

B. A. Baracus
02-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Nice...very nice.....congrats

Native Gal
02-18-2008, 08:10 PM
My husband and I did catch some large Batrays last summer and yeah they did put up a good fight. They were the best fighters we got. Lots of fun to catch. NG