PDA

View Full Version : Lake Lopez 02/13/08

wrondogg
02-15-2008, 04:00 PM
Went to Lopez Wednesday. Wind was blowing about 18-20 mph as usual. Water was a strange bronze color in the Pozo arm and by the marina, the rest of the lake was about 4-6 ft visibility. Water temp 52-53.8.

Caught one 3lb LMB on a paca craw. It was the only bite all day. Tried rip baits, rattle traps, swim baits, jigs, football head creatures, drop shot, senkos, swim baits...

The local word is senkos weightless on steep walls, however, that pattern wasn't happening Wednesday.

Sorry no pics of the one fish. It actually looked extremely healthy for a Lopez bass. Very fat.

BBfish
02-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Its funny... I have been on FNN almost a year and just this week I noticed that Lake Lopez and Santa Margarita are in the NORCAL section?????

I will still post in the SOCAL section because I still feel like a southern boy at heart... I'll be at Lopez tomorrow trolling for trout... and bass if need be with my 2 kids. I'll let you know how it goes.

If you ever want a partner on your boat (since I don't have one and have to shell out $100 to rent one) let me know

BB

wrondogg
02-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Yeah, The SO CAL section just has too many lakes in the SD area that are on there, I think our messages would get lost in all the posts and replies they do in that section. There are less people posting on the north so you have a better chance to see the posts.